+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Broadchurch on BBC America

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: Broadchurch on BBC America

I just finished watching it. Great show - right up there with Luther for me. The length seemed just right - there wasn't a lot of repetition or stretching plot lines out. It really moved along. I like that about British shows - a season's worth of shows can be 4, 6, 8 or more episodes. The Luther seasons are always too short for me (6, 6 & 4 episodes), but in the end, I'd rather be left wishing there was more than watching a show drag because they're just filling time.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I just finished watching it. Great show - right up there with Luther for me. The length seemed just right - there wasn't a lot of repetition or stretching plot lines out. It really moved along. I like that about British shows - a season's worth of shows can be 4, 6, 8 or more episodes. The Luther seasons are always too short for me (6, 6 & 4 episodes), but in the end, I'd rather be left wishing there was more than watching a show drag because they're just filling time.
    It left me wanting more, that's always an indication of how good a show is
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    She is a creepy lady, but I suspect that she has known something all along & no one was asking her the right questions, so this was her way to direct them to her.
    Episode 7 - the interviews with Susan and Nigel were riveting. At this point you still don't know who did it and then there was the dinner with the Latimer's daughter and and boyfriend and the info he dropped. And there was the info that DI Hardy revealed to the newspaper people about the other case. This show is like peeling an onion with all its layers. Can't wait for the finale.
    Florimel and Katydyd like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kip

Even though I watched the last episode, I'm still thinking about the characters. I'm going to go back re-watch it I was so interested in finding out who did it, I'm sure there are a lot of subtle things I missed.

I didn't have time this morning to watch a whole episode, so I watched one of the 10-min extra bits on Comcast On Demand. Apparaently, none of the cast knew who the killer was until they filmed the last episode. So there was constant talk and speculation among the cast and crew about who the killer might be. David Tennant & Olivia Colman said that when they were filming their scenes questioning people, some of the glances between them were quite real - looking over at each other as if saying maybe this is the clue that solves it.
    Punkin likes this.

My goodness, who saw that coming? Freaking brilliant!
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    My goodness, who saw that coming? Freaking brilliant!
    Wasn't it though!! How will they top that next time?
    razorbacker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I cried at the end. That means they got me to really care about the families. I like that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Kip

I didn't see the ending coming either. Which is just another reason I liked this show this much.

I'm wondering what they're going to do for a second season. Just how many murders can they have in a small town? Though I guess the town isn't that small considering the size of the police force. I was thinking maybe they'd move the locale to a bigger town - surely Ellie would want to move her kids away for a fresh start - but then it's not in Broadchurch.

Episode 8 - Wow..didn't see that coming but when you step back and really look at the over all picture it makes perfect sense. Luv'ed the pacing, luv'ed that we saw how the family was effected, how we saw the consequences on the town, luv'ed the healing circle of bonfires..just bloody brilliant. Bravo BBC.

PS: To Danny's mom, Beth, after she told Ellie (the detective) "how could you not know" I have to bounce that question right back at her and "how could she not know" about Danny and what he was doing?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Count me among those who did not anticipate the ending. This was a quality show from start to finish. Amazing.

Just read that the producers are going to do a police drama called River for BBC. I sure hope it makes it over to BBC America.

Broadchurch producers to make police drama for BBC | Media | theguardian.com
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast