+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Broadchurch on BBC America

Re: Broadchurch on BBC America

Loved this show
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ( even though I didn't like Joe from the start) something was off with him. Love love love BC. Looking foward to S2
    Last edited by Critical; 08-27-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just a reminder that the show is still airing in the US. Please be considerate and use spoiler tags when discussing anything beyond what has aired on BBC America - currently, that's episode 3.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Just a reminder that the show is still airing in the US. Please be considerate and use spoiler tags when discussing anything beyond what has aired on BBC America - currently, that's episode 3.
    Oh, its not over for you .Dang sorry! I thought the US was ahead of us..
    -Andy Rooney-

Done with episode 4. Still think the dad is a bit of a jerk. Am really starting to dislike both the young male reporter and the female from the Herald as they are terrible manipulators and not so much to tell the truth as to sell newspapers and who cares about the lives they wreck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finished with episode 5 only 3 more to go.

A thought about Jack Harper and his conviction that happened what over 20 - 30 yrs ago. Shouldn't the police been able to get the files of the case and know what happened without Jack Harper having to tell them. Shouldn't the male reporter dug deeper on the facts of the case and found out what happened. Personally I do fee he is responsible for the man's death. Too bad Jack Harper doesn't have any relatives cause I would be suing the police, the paper and the reporter and the crowd that showed up at the house. Yes the last would be nuisance suits but what the heck maybe it would make those folks think before they acted.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Finished with episode 5 only 3 more to go.

A thought about Jack Harper and his conviction that happened what over 20 - 30 yrs ago. Shouldn't the police been able to get the files of the case and know what happened without Jack Harper having to tell them. Shouldn't the male reporter dug deeper on the facts of the case and found out what happened. Personally I do fee he is responsible for the man's death. Too bad Jack Harper doesn't have any relatives cause I would be suing the police, the paper and the reporter and the crowd that showed up at the house. Yes the last would be nuisance suits but what the heck maybe it would make those folks think before they acted.
    That part made us really sad.- his death was so unnecessary
    Punkin and Katydyd like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I knew it was coming, but I still cried. Clearly his wife was waaaaay too young - and his student on top of it. So it was certainly wrong...still, they looked happy in the picture and they did marry and were raising a child. It was really touching the way Jack talked about wanting to hug the boys because he missed his own son so much. Nice foreshadowing too, the way earlier they had Beth hugging Tom Miller and talking about how much she missed hugging Danny. Loving this show!!
    Punkin likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I knew it was coming, but I still cried. Clearly his wife was waaaaay too young - and his student on top of it. So it was certainly wrong...still, they looked happy in the picture and they did marry and were raising a child. It was really touching the way Jack talked about wanting to hug the boys because he missed his own son so much. Nice foreshadowing too, the way earlier they had Beth hugging Tom Miller and talking about how much she missed hugging Danny. Loving this show!!
    It so good isn't it. We finished some time ago, I nearly spoiled it, and felt terrible Enjoy!!
    -Andy Rooney-

It really is so very good. I usually have an idea or two of whodunnit by this time, but they are managing to keep it suspenseful and entertaining at the same time. This will be worth a second watch once the mystery has been solved so I can watch for clues that may be passing me by first time around.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It really is so very good. I usually have an idea or two of whodunnit by this time, but they are managing to keep it suspenseful and entertaining at the same time. This will be worth a second watch once the mystery has been solved so I can watch for clues that may be passing me by first time around.
    It kept me guessing until the final reveal. I kept changing my mind about who the killer could be. Once I knew, it all made sense and I saw the clues, but definitely didn't put them together when I was watching.

I can't imagine how they could top this season, but I'm excited to see if they can do it!
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread