+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Broadchurch on BBC America

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Broadchurch on BBC America

Season three has started here. I think this will be a good season. I wont say much more, as I dont want to spoil it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just watched the first two episodes and I agree, FM - this looks like it'll be a good season. The actress playing Tricia is SO good. She's just breaking my heart. The scenes at the clinic in the first episode had me in tears. Excellent work from ALL of the actors.

I like how they've started a new case, but we're still seeing some of the "old" people.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just watched the first two episodes and I agree, FM - this looks like it'll be a good season. The actress playing Tricia is SO good. She's just breaking my heart. The scenes at the clinic in the first episode had me in tears. Excellent work from ALL of the actors.

I like how they've started a new case, but we're still seeing some of the "old" people.
    Critical, she played the first transgender person on a very long soap opera Coronation Street.Excellent actress and much loved.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayley_Cropper
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched all of the new season and didn't realize it was the last . I'll miss Hardy and Miller. I would have liked a little more closure for some of the characters but all in all a good season and series finale.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I forgot it was the final season until about halfway through the season when the preview for the next episode mentioned that the show was coming to an end. It's a bummer, but British series tend to have shorter runs. I sort of like that because the quality is usually higher when they have shorter seasons and fewer of them.

I thought the ending was very good and wrapped up everyone's storylines nicely, at least to some degree. I'll miss the show, but I'd rather it end with me wanting more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I am the new kid on the block when it comes to Broadchurch. We just got Netflix a couple of weeks ago, and I've been plopped in front of the TV watching wonderful stuff.

I decided to watch Broadchurch because I'm interested in seeing Olivia Colman in some things before the next season of "The Crown" is released. She is amazing!!!

Also - because I have a bit of focus problem (ADHD) - I tend to miss details that point out "whodunit." So I cheat. I peek. I found out halfway through Episode 2 who killed Danny. And I'm not sorry I did. Now I can watch for hints and details as we continue to watch. Mr. AZC even let me tell him who did it . . . he NEVER does that!

We're off to see "The Greatest Showman" this morning. Then it's home to watch more episodes of Broadchurch!!!
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I am the new kid on the block when it comes to Broadchurch. We just got Netflix a couple of weeks ago, and I've been plopped in front of the TV watching wonderful stuff.

I decided to watch Broadchurch because I'm interested in seeing Olivia Colman in some things before the next season of "The Crown" is released. She is amazing!!!

Also - because I have a bit of focus problem (ADHD) - I tend to miss details that point out "whodunit." So I cheat. I peek. I found out halfway through Episode 2 who killed Danny. And I'm not sorry I did. Now I can watch for hints and details as we continue to watch. Mr. AZC even let me tell him who did it . . . he NEVER does that!

We're off to see "The Greatest Showman" this morning. Then it's home to watch more episodes of Broadchurch!!!

The first season was the best. I couldn't get into the second and third. I guessed Danny's killer during the funeral scene. My husband, who had already seen it, was amazed that I did.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread