+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Unforgettable- CBS

Re: Unforgettable- CBS

I don't know how I missed this show during its first season, but now that I've found it, I am liking it. Very good screen chemistry between Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh. I also very much like the supporting cast and Jane Curtin is always a plus.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I missed last season---so the stars are supposed to not be in a romantic relationship? I thought they were a couple until someone made a crack that they should have sex, implying they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I missed last season---so the stars are supposed to not be in a romantic relationship? I thought they were a couple until someone made a crack that they should have sex, implying they don't.
    They are ex's. A while back they were involved romantically, although to what extent we don't know. She was also a cop of some sort, as was he. For some reason they haven't explained, she quit police work & the relationship went down the tubes.
    He knew all about her "gift", & approached her last season, to return to police work in order to put her "gift" to proper use.

She also has a backstory about her sister being murdered. They were small children & were together. Some guy approached them & sister went off with him. Sister was found murdered. Crime has never been solved. Carrie saw the guy's face, but can't recall it. She (Carrie) blames herself because for some reason she has a blank spot in her "gift" regarding this time. She apparently supressed it & can't bring it back.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I thought her partner was married when the show first started. I liked the guy on Nip Tuck, but he really seems different on this show.

I watched this week's episode again last night straight through and it was pretty good. It's not as deep as the previous show though. It's okay. I think the writing could use some improvement.

I kind of thought this was a weak episode. Conceptually it was good but the writers took some easy outs that left me hanging. Example - how exactly did Arnold make Carrie? He said he knew at the hotel? How? His quick reveal and dispatch felt rushed compared to the pacing of the rest of the episode. Also, when Dylan arrived and shot at Arnold, she just stood there like a lump and waited for him to grab her? Dumb - she saw her partner coming so she knew something was going to happen.

It needs to get better. The writing just feels sloppy.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Oh yeah. There are problems with the writing, IMO. In addition to the comments above, there was the fact that after Arnold was shot by Dylan, he seems to have so much energy. He swings around and grabs Carrie, like he's not hurting. And even after Carrie stabs him in the leg, he continues to bounce around jumping in place after he's handcuffed! It's like the more he is injured, the feistier he becomes. lol

Did you recognize Arnold from the show The Unit? LOVED tha show. I miss it so much. Who was the guy in the group who Carrie told she had poisoned? I know him, but can't place him. Did he play on The Unit too or was it Army Wives?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, all ,for the background info on them as a couple.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Liked tonight's show (the one with all the tunnels underground). Cute guy who was working with them. The old train station looked so pretty....especially with gold coins falling from the ceiling... But you are telling me that with all those hints no one is down there looking for the treasure? Weak tie ups....

I'll have to catch this On Demand. CBS On Demand was gone for awhile I missed the show. It happens to come on the same time as two of my other favorite shows, so the DVR can't cover it.

Is this show getting renewed? Either for a Fall series or as a replacement or Summer series?
    I really like it & like the characters.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast