+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Orange Is the New Black on Netflix

Re: Orange Is the New Black on Netflix

I just finished the season. Love! I wonder when season 2 is going to be available.

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

they started filming season 2 last week but no premiere date has been set yet.

Its a great show - on Season 9 and just got a copy of the book by Piper Kerman. Love Natasha Lyonne in her role in this too.
    beerbelly likes this.

Love the show. DH and are up to episode 5 today. I really could do without the lesbian sex scenes, but then I don't like any graphic hetro sex scenes in films either. Just me. I find "Crazy Eyes" fascinating. Mulgrew is wonderful. We wonder if the transvestite hairdresser is actually a woman? No discernible adam's apple in her throat. Many, many great characters, especially Piper. I love these new cable and Netflix series (like Boss!) that put out all the episodes to watch one after another rather than one a week.
    Florimel likes this.

Some exploring found me two additional Netflix streaming series that I hadn't know about.

First is Lilyhammer, which stars Steve Van Zandt and has a distinct Sopranos vibe with a little humor in it. His character is a mob guy who is placed in witness protection and goes to Lillehammer, Norway, which he chose because he loved what he saw of the Olympics that took place there. Mixes mob mentality with culture shock for him. I've watched only one episode so far, but I'm definitely watching more.

The second is a half-hour comedy with only five episodes in its first season. It's about several people who have been arrested and must serve 2000 hours of community service in lieu of jail. It's pretty over the top, but it was funny.

My only gripe with all these Netflix shows is that season 2 is announced for all of them, but I've yet to see one come to fruition or even an air date listed. Feels like I've been waiting for House of Cards new season forever, but all I hear is that they are still filming.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

[QUOTE=Punkin;4697212] We wonder if the transvestite hairdresser is actually a woman? No discernible adam's apple in her throat. /QUOTE]

She's biologically a man. I recognized her from a reality show she was on quite a few years ago. It was sort of her debut into showbiz and she explained her story of transition there.
    Punkin likes this.

[QUOTE=kireelady;4697961]
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    We wonder if the transvestite hairdresser is actually a woman? No discernible adam's apple in her throat. /QUOTE]

She's biologically a man. I recognized her from a reality show she was on quite a few years ago. It was sort of her debut into showbiz and she explained her story of transition there.
    Found this info on IMDB:
    Laverne Cox has a twin brother, musician M. Lamar, who appeared on Cox's TV show "Orange is the New Black" in a flashback as the pre-gender-transition version of her character, Sophia.

This show is AMAZING! Can't wait for season 2 to actually get on my netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post

Found this info on IMDB:
    Laverne Cox has a twin brother, musician M. Lamar, who appeared on Cox's TV show "Orange is the New Black" in a flashback as the pre-gender-transition version of her character, Sophia.
    Wow. That's good to know because I questioned that scene, but didn't think anymore about it. Thanks for sharing that.

Laverne Cox is such a powerful actress. At first I thought 'oh, sassy black hairdresser' but wow....what a storyline.

I also love that Piper/Larry are very understandable people.

I'd love to know how the honeymoon girl got in jail. She seems like such an innocent.

God, I love these characters!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread