+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Bridge (FX)

Re: The Bridge (FX)

I think the writing is terrific and the acting was top notch, especially from Dianne Kruger and Demian Bechir. I really enjoyed the first season. Looking forward to season 2.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I too thought Diane was really good in that role. It has to be tough to portray aspergers & do it well
    Punkin likes this.

Agreed. Aspberger's seems to be the new TV character attribute lately. Hard to portray it without making the person one-dimensional. Diane is doing a great job with a really complex character.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I'm hoping that Frye can pull through this and possibly get kinda back on track. He's had a rather tough time lately thinking that he might get blown up in his vehicle and now to get shot and fall off a bridge. I think the show has pulled some good swerves so far. I wasn't expecting that young runaway girl to die like that earlier in the season. The typical hollywood type of ending last week would have been for them to save Marco's son right at the last minute and for Marco to kill Tate. I also didn't think Graciela would end up dead this soon and that Charlotte would be so brutal in shooting Ray's friend.

I fell asleep before the show was over last night! Because I'm taping the Breaking Bad marathon and I can only record 2 shows at a time, I had to watch this show at the 11:00 p.m. airing. I won't try that again. Plus, from what I did see last night, it was rather slow.

I knew a couple of weeks prior to the finale that it was likely that Guss would get killed. I read the European version of this mini series. The American version was almost identical to the original one and the guy's son died in that one. It's possible for them change it up, but in this case it was pretty much identical.

Here's a link. It could give a few more details about this season, though the big reveal has already been done. I think it mentions there is currently a second season airing in Scandanavia, but I don't think it gives any details about that. Still read with caution as a potential spoiler.

Click to see Spoiler:
    //en.wihttp:kipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(Danish/Swedish_TV_series)

I had no idea it was originally a Danish/Swedish production. How did they manage an international "bridge" in that?

The investigation starts with the discovery of a dead body on a bridge connecting Sweden to Denmark. The series focuses on the difference in the cultures and people from both countries, similar to the way they did the US to Mexico.

FORT Fan

That seemed a little slow for a season finale?

Oh yeah. It was slow. I am interested in Charlotte's storyline though. She's pretty funny and a bad asp at the same time. I'd like to learn more about her.

I'm not interested in seeing another character who is a know all, see all, hear all, can do all, like Tate. The guy that approached Charlotte in the grocery store seemed to be like that. I hope they reign him in.

I was also disappointed that we aren't done with Tate. I fear that Marco will have that Galven guy have his people abduct Tate out of prison, so that Marco can personally kill him, but Tate will escape and go on to taunt Marco further and eventually abduct Sonja, thus requiring Marco kill Tate to save Sonja. That's my prediction.

Marco shouldn't be that foolish. Tate is much smarter than Galven's men. In fact, Tate probably expects Marco to go this route and he's probably already got it planned out.

FORT Fan

That's a good point concerning Tate possibly escaping from his captors and going on to taunt Marco some more. Did they say how Marco is connected to that Galven guy? I know in the last episode it was stated that they have known each other for a lot of years, but why would Marco be involved with somebody that demented? Or are they related or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast