+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Bridge (FX)

  1. #21
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,919

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    I think the first few episodes where good, but then it headed south (no pun intended). I'm using all my time to watch Breaking Bad now, but I like the premise of the Bridge and will try to tune back in.

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,828

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    I read this about The Bridge.

    Click to see Spoiler:
    read that the actors and producers have said the big storyline will wrap up before the finale and the team will go after more crimes. They said that the show will no longer have one big story each season, but will have smaller stories in a continuing drama.

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    841

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    Hard to believe Tate would kill all these people just to get revenge on Marco. The premise was interesting, but the show didn't really go anywhere. I'm out.

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,828

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Hard to believe Tate would kill all these people just to get revenge on Marco. The premise was interesting, but the show didn't really go anywhere. I'm out.
    I have lots of issues with it too, however, I think I'll stick around for the last few episodes. Apparently, they are going to switch to the other storylines that are actually more interesting than Tate.

    Did you see Charlotte, the lady with the tunnel on her property, blow away her old friend because she discovered those transmitters? Man, that was wild. She had just pitchfork stabbed the Gracelia, too. Man, she's a tough one.

    Then there are the women that the weird guy transports out into the desert to protect. That's kind of a mystery too.

    I'll give it one season and decide if I'll continue. There were so many holes in the entire story about Tate. The guy just knew everything, everywhere and had perfect luck. I don't buy it.

    I didn't like the way Sonja tried so hard for Marco to not kill him. What would have been so bad if he did? Under the circumstances, I think they would have given him a medal, not taken away his career or prosecuted him. Now, this ingenius maniac is in jail. How long will that lasts? He will certainly escape and go on to torture his remaining victims.

    I didn't share Sonja's desire to keep Tate alive. I mean what could he say to explain why he would put a young innocent man in a barrel and slowly drown him or lock a pregnant woman and her two young children in a house with a bomb? No, there is nothing I care to know from this man. Sorry, Sonja. I guess next season they will have her go into prison and get to know him, like Silence of The Lambs. Uggghhh.... I won't watch that.

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have lots of issues with it too, however, I think I'll stick around for the last few episodes. Apparently, they are going to switch to the other storylines that are actually more interesting than Tate.

    Did you see Charlotte, the lady with the tunnel on her property, blow away her old friend because she discovered those transmitters? Man, that was wild. She had just pitchfork stabbed the Gracelia, too. Man, she's a tough one.

    Then there are the women that the weird guy transports out into the desert to protect. That's kind of a mystery too.

    I'll give it one season and decide if I'll continue. There were so many holes in the entire story about Tate. The guy just knew everything, everywhere and had perfect luck. I don't buy it.

    I didn't like the way Sonja tried so hard for Marco to not kill him. What would have been so bad if he did? Under the circumstances, I think they would have given him a medal, not taken away his career or prosecuted him. Now, this ingenius maniac is in jail. How long will that lasts? He will certainly escape and go on to torture his remaining victims.

    I didn't share Sonja's desire to keep Tate alive. I mean what could he say to explain why he would put a young innocent man in a barrel and slowly drown him or lock a pregnant woman and her two young children in a house with a bomb? No, there is nothing I care to know from this man. Sorry, Sonja. I guess next season they will have her go into prison and get to know him, like Silence of The Lambs. Uggghhh.... I won't watch that.
    What would have been so wrong with that is that he isn't the type of guy that shoots people. He doesn't even carry a gun. Sonia was saving him from becoming something he doesn't want to be.

    And since you won't be watching if they do a Silence Of The Lambs type of thing, I reckon you will be staying away from The Blacklist?
    Punkin and Critical like this.

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,828

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    I think that the reason Marco didn't have a gun is that he had to hand it over to the chief, since as a Mexican law enforcement officer, he wasn't supposed to carry one on US soil. And I don't think that killing Tate would have bothered Marco in the long run. And if it did, so what. Tate is too dangerous for prison. He will kill other inmates and guards. He can do anything....or at least that's how the show has portrayed him.

    I'm not familiar with The Black List. I'll check it out.

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    If it wouldnt have bothered him to kill the guy why didn't he do so when he had multiple chances?

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,828

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If it wouldnt have bothered him to kill the guy why didn't he do so when he had multiple chances?
    I think he was scared he wouldn't find out where his son was if he shot Tate too early. There was conflicted information as to whether Guss was found dead or alive when Sonja was yelling he was alive and Tate was telling him he wasn't. Once Marco knew that Guss wasn't alive, he was going to shoot Tate, IMO, that's why Sonja shot Marco in the leg to stop him. Someone shot Tate in the leg. Was that Marco or one of the officers? Too bad it wasn't higher up.

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,231

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    The show has been picked up for Season 2.

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,828

    Re: The Bridge (FX)

    I hope the writing gets better.

    There are some new shows that I am hopeful about. I'll try to find the thread for them. But as someone mentioned up thread, Blacklist is supposed to be good. I recorded it. I watched Hostages, which was GREAT!
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.