+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Bridge (FX)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Bridge (FX)

I caught up on last week's episode tonight and recorded tonight's ep, but I find this show hard to get into and hard to watch. Can't put my finger on exactly what is so difficult about it; the lead actors are of good stock and the immigration issue is one close to my heart, but there's something, I dunno, almost "clinical" about how the story is told?

I was so angry after about 5 minutes that I almost turned the channel. The writers certainly researched Asperger's when writing for the character of Sonja, but they have gotten confused and are writing her as an idiot! It's gotten ridiculous. First she makes that bizarre comment to the one night stand man that she couldn't have sex with him at the station, (not Asperger's, just stupid) and then they have her giving Marco his wallet and telling him that he left it at a woman's house in front of his wife! This is not Asperger's, it's stupid.

Then they have Marco, a very sharp guy, prance around his bedroom in front of his wife with his wallet in his pocket so that it falls out. This is something it always, so why did he do that. It's just ridiculous. These writers are insulting the audience's intelligence.

The rest of the show improved, though there are some glaring ODD things. Like why do they allow the guy reporter to hang outside the rescued woman's hospital room when he is an instrument of the killer??????? And why in the world do they have to sneak the reporter's cell phone. It's evidence in a murder case! Get a search warrant for the phone and the phone records!!!!!!!!!!! Why wasn't that done from day one? So bizarre.

Do you know why the rich girl, who is the psychiartrist's daughter, went to Mexico just to sit on a step all night?

I had decided that the killer was a woman. I suspected the young lady reporter who was assisting the guy reporter the killer keeps calling. I still wonder though. The rescued woman admitted she never saw a face, but she did say "he" was white. How does she know this? I would think that one of the first questions would be what his voice sounded like.

I'm hoping I can continue watching this show. It has great potential, but the writing is really rough. It takes a lot of patience to get through it.

Okay. I am really interested to see what others think of last night's episode....................... ....I'm not sure where to start and it's not good.

FORT Fan

I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but I'm going to try to get caught up and then provide some input. I thought it was rather odd that the female detective was bringing strangers back to her place to sleep with them in the second episode, but maybe I'll find out more when I get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but I'm going to try to get caught up and then provide some input. I thought it was rather odd that the female detective was bringing strangers back to her place to sleep with them in the second episode, but maybe I'll find out more when I get caught up.
    That was probably the least problematic thing in this show. It has plenty of problems, IMO. I'm not really sure why I keep watching. lol There are so many things that make no sense. And Sonja', the lady detective's acting is so poor that I can barely tolerate it. The other actor's acting is really good. The writing is horrible though. I guess I just want to see who they have as the real killer.

THey arrested that mentally ill killer last week, but I don't think he's the real brains behind the operation. I think he is either the killer's patsy or instrument. The real killer seems to have a social or political agenda, though it changes from week to week. It's pretty much all over the place.

All I can say about last night's episode is OMG!

Please tell me why the only time we were shown the killer's body and shoes, he had on slim pants with cowboy boots. But, Tate never wears anything like that. Hmmmmmmmm.......

FORT Fan

Why didn't Charlotte just move after her husband died and she found these things out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Why didn't Charlotte just move after her husband died and she found these things out?
    Good question. The only thing I can think of is that her husband wasn't as well off as he led her to believe. It may be that the house is the only asset and if money is owed on it, she may not be able to sell it and make a profit. Plus, you would have to get an appraisal to sell it and inspection and I don't think she wants people snooping around. Plus, the only income she may have is from that tunnel. Or she may just be an idiot. I would have been long gone a long time ago.

What I find more curious is why she and her assistant didn't discuss why that lady was there all angry with that device. I would have said, "Hey, why's she so angry and what's this little device she was holding?" I wouldn't bury her body and forget about it.

While the last couple of episodes have been pretty good, there are still large holes in the storyline. Like how did Tate know about Zina being a friend of Guss? He had to have known about her over a year ago, because that's when she left town and Guss started getting the fake texts from Zina, who was actually Tate. Makes no sense.

I'm not sure what all that elaborate planning and killing was done if Tate wanted Marco. Tate seems to be very available to have done all that elaborate stuff, while holding down a full time job. Huh? Just not believable to me. I'm hanging in there though.

It wouldn't take a genius to know that Sonja should have had more support taking Guss to the safeshouse. I mean, Tate wants Marco's family. He just gave up Marco's wife and girls. So he will certainly go after Guss, but NOOOOOO, they act all carefree and jump in the car like Tate won't bother them. So crazy.

I'm not sure if I would watch another season of this show if it's renewed.

FORT Fan

I was wondering how long they plan to stretch out this case? Cause I know it was a big deal with some people being upset when the show 'The Killing' continued with two seasons on the same murder case, until they had a completely different case for season 3. Though once the case is solved on The Bridge, I don't really see how the two main detectives would continue working together unless some of the circumstances changed? lol

Yeah, I was thinking that perhaps a new case pops up and work on the team works on too or it could be the focus switches over to Charlotte and that whole thing with the gun sales, tunnel traffic, etc. and the disappearance of that lady and her bodyguard. With her gone, there's bound to be a turf war. I would think that because of the tunnel, it would call for Sonja and Marco to work on the case. Plus there's that storyline with the guy who takes women to safety.

I'm curious about Charlotte's assistant. Who is he? I wonder if he's someone with a secret identity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast