+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Siberia

sneak peak

Watch the Pilot of NBC's Pseudo-reality Drama Siberia Right Now (VIDEO) - TV.com

Wow, what fun, is it a reality show or not?

Trouble is they are airing it July 1 at 10pm. Last count Monday at 10 pm the networks and cable are airing "Under The Dome", "Longmire", "Teen Wolf", "Siberia", "King and Maxwell". How stupid to air 5 shows at the same time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Siberia

I watched and found it interesting enough to watch again. I loathe the Australian model, lol. I don't know if this is a spoiler regarding if it's a real reality show or not so I'll put in tags since the first episode has not officially aired yet:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    At first I thought is was a real reality show and then the show went all Blair Witch with the noise around the fire so I knew something was up. That and the whole mystery that the original settlers mysteriously disappeared. When the camera man came out of the woods bleeding I knew no way was that real and they wouldn't even air a reality show if someone actually died, or at least I hope they wouldn't! But after it was over I checked the description again and it says it's a drama about reality show contestants, so that pretty much sums up that this is a scripted show with actors. Which isn't too far off from real reality shows these days which are filled with wannabe actors creating a whole lot of drama, lol.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Thanks for the heads up, Bearcata. I hadn't known about this one, but I do want to take a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Ok, I did some googling and I can reveal the part in my spoiler that is not a real reality show but rather a scripted horror drama about contestants on a faux reality show so this thread probably belongs in the non-reality tv forum. The rest of my spoiler is about the first episode.

Here's what the show is about from the NBC site Siberia | A Reality Show in Tunguska, Russia Turns Thriller | NBC

In 1908, an unexplained event occurred deep in the remote Siberian territory of Tunguska. Now, 100+ years later, 16 reality-show participants descend on Tunguska unknowing of the land's mysterious past. These contestants, from varied walks of life, will attempt to battle the elements and each other in a quest to survive the harsh winter and claim a large cash prize. What is initially met with unbridled enthusiasm quickly turns to sheer panic as a series of strange events begin to occur. The contestants soon attribute the occurrences to ruses set up by the producers, even dismissing the death of a fellow contestant as accidental. When a contestant is badly injured and no help arrives, the contestants meet the chilling realization that the strange occurrences are not part of the show. With their safety threatened, competing contestants must band together in an effort to survive.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Even better!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

This show is crap.

I too got tricked into believing it was an actual reality show at first, it was quite real and convincing for the first half of it. By the time the camera man got injured and the other contestant "died", I knew it was all a setup. Same with the mysterious woman with dark hair who somehow managed to beat both the fastest runners to the camp - she's likely a mole or inside man planted to cause further drama. Even if the show was not a totally scripted fake reality show, I don't like them going the "13 Fear Is Real" route, where the characters die/disappear/etc. It would have been a lot better had they been given challenges and hardships with creative problems to solve them, and see who can survive that instead.

I really liked it! So I guess that means it will get cancelled soon! I too thought that it was real until the middle of it. Once I figured out that it was scripted, I really bought into it. They have all the stereotypes from reality tv shows and the dialog was kinda believable. So I am anxious to see where it goes, or if it does.

Tuff call on where to put it... It is a reality tv show, it is just not a real one. It is a real tv show, it is just not a real reality tv show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Siberia--pseudo reality show

MOn. at 10 on NBC. a "fake" reality show... with a script. And a sort of sci fi twist... Just starting, looks really good

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

I'm recording it and will watch it later tonight.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

OK, that was terrific, especially for fans of Survivor and the like--there's a "host" and 16 people are set down in the Siberian wilderness 2 miles from an abandoned settlement. All those who are still there at the start/end of winter (my captioning said start but the actor said end) will split half a million euros/dollars (depending on captioning/actor). THe first 14 to the settlement get to stay, the last 2 have to leave. There are only 12 beds in the cabins, etc. They even have little captions, like Daniel, computer programmer, and his hometown. Very international cast---gives the impression it is a Euro or British show. So it really looks like a cross between Survivor and the Blair Witch Project, as people start disappearing... I really recommend it.
    Florimel and JohnnyK like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast