+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

This episode did drag a bit, and the worst bit of writing was Neeko thinking the story about base camp was made up. I know he's supposed to be the skeptic, and has been proven right at least once, but now the writers are really pushing it.

On the other hand, now we have two groups, so we can see more shenanigans. So a mystery tribe in the woods that must still be there, that skeleton with the exact same locket as Sabina, that book that's making Miljan go cray to the cray power, the missing crewat base camp, the automatic box with "Test Group" on it, now that huge disaster area thing. What is going on?!?!

I gotta give it to Miljan, he can definitely play creepy as hell, especially in that part where he entered Irene's cabin and covered the camera. I thought he was gonna kill her, so what exactly did he do to her? And what is this thing in the next episode that he says it can save Irene's life? It makes me wonder if maybe there are two sides to the whole thing, two different types of trouble happening. I can't wait to see.
    scoot13 likes this.

I didn't know where to put this, but since the topic of the Northern Lights came up in an earlier episode, I'm putting it here.

I found an untouched up video of photos put together in 2012-2013 of the Aurora Borealis over Sweden/Lapland that I found just spectacular. Here's a link for anyone who's interested. I recommend viewing it in full screen mode.

'Virtual Real-Time' Auroras Over Sweden In Amazing New Video | Space.com
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    This episode did drag a bit, and the worst bit of writing was Neeko thinking the story about base camp was made up. I know he's supposed to be the skeptic, and has been proven right at least once, but now the writers are really pushing it.

On the other hand, now we have two groups, so we can see more shenanigans. So a mystery tribe in the woods that must still be there, that skeleton with the exact same locket as Sabina, that book that's making Miljan go cray to the cray power, the missing crewat base camp, the automatic box with "Test Group" on it, now that huge disaster area thing. What is going on?!?!

I gotta give it to Miljan, he can definitely play creepy as hell, especially in that part where he entered Irene's cabin and covered the camera. I thought he was gonna kill her, so what exactly did he do to her?
    And what is this thing in the next episode that he says it can save Irene's life? It makes me wonder if maybe there are two sides to the whole thing, two different types of trouble happening. I can't wait to see.
    Shocked the heck out of me that he didn't kill her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well last night's episode was interesting. Not happy that the Tunguska event from 1908 (the crater) was barely touched upon, but it apparently is going to have some effect in the story... unless they are using it to explain off the plane crash.

The drastic change in weather and Miljan's descent into utter madness is very spooky and sinister.

Interesting the machine started giving them TRUE survival items and not gas masks and the like. I am wondering if it really isn't clockwork but something else.

This is the first time they had NO individual commentaries - it read more along the lines of say "Frontier House" or "Manor House" where the people living as though they were from the period just do their daily lives as if it were that time. Those shows also had very few separate individual commentaries to the camera.

I liked how they have worked through some of the problems, but next week looks to be very sad, creepy and the like. The bit here I'm putting in spoilers as it hasn't aired yet save teasers:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Based on the fact they DO have a cross, we are going to probably see either Irene, Sam or Miljan die. I say this because in two cases - Irene and Miljan - there was an empty bottle of sleeping pills on the table. Sam's would be from the frostbite.

While I do think Miljan could have a moment of complete sanity and took the sleeping pills to off himself, I sadly don't think it was happen. I think Esther will have fallen into his blackmail and freed him because of whatever she pocketed, so he will kill Irene who he said they should "put down like a dog." The pills would also correlate to that thinking because of the narcotics, and how animals are sometimes euthanized that way.

Sam's would also be a legitimate one - his food is so frostbitten that blood poisoning could set in. But the water had to be extremely cold for it to have turned black that fast - which makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the Sci-Fi nature of the show. Either that or - ironically - that bracelet he found in a river. Could the person who owned it drowned in winter weather and lost the bracelet?

I will be sad if Irene or Sam dies... Miljan not as much. But - for Miljan the actor, that is a huge compliment because it shows he's playing this sinister side that well. Then again all three here are.

Miljan has seemed sinister from the beginning to me. I still think he purposely led Irene to the sport where she was hurt. The totem images mean something to him and are probably referenced in his book.

I think all these people were chose for the specific serious baggage they have and brought with them and they are slowly being exposed. Once again I'm seeing many parallels for Lost. The Test Group C reminds me of the various island stations and the recordings the Losties discovered, food drops and such. Many of the characters are reminding me of those characters. I outlined a few of them earlier; I'm now seeing Johnny as a Sawyer type. I have no idea if that is what they show runners had in mind, but I'm finding it interesting.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Miljan has seemed sinister from the beginning to me. I still think he purposely led Irene to the sport where she was hurt. The totem images mean something to him and are probably referenced in his book.
    Oh yeah no question there - he actually has the symbols tattooed (or carved) into his arm - the ones with the flags or something odd in there. He seemed OK until he got the book, and then he got more and more creepy.

It's that descent into madness that I think the actor Miljan is doing quite well.

(Oh of note - I really wish they had not used their real names... because I have to now put "actor" in front of the person if I'm referring to their performance knowing it's a pseudoreality show. It's confusing ... very confusing, as I don't want someone not on here think that I think the guy is really certifiable).

I think all these people were chose for the specific serious baggage they have and brought with them and they are slowly being exposed. Once again I'm seeing many parallels for Lost. The Test Group C reminds me of the various island stations and the recordings the Losties discovered, food drops and such. Many of the characters are reminding me of those characters. I outlined a few of them earlier; I'm now seeing Johnny as a Sawyer type. I have no idea if that is what they show runners had in mind, but I'm finding it interesting.
    I'm going to be honest - and please don't faint when you read this...

I never watched "Lost."

So, to me in a way, this feels like a variation of "13 Fear is Real" where the cast has to deal with an off screen nuisance (OK, there a killer, but still), a saboteur/killer in their group (the death box - kinda like the owner there is Miljan here), and hidden adversaries (there those who helped the killer set up the final challenge, Siberia whatever is causing Miljan's behavior, the "lost men" or the monster at the beginning).

I'm wondering if the helicopter crash was staged to add to the "test group" psychology of what a group of people would do if they learned nobody was going to save them and they were really on their own? I have images of The Truman Show where they're really in some sort of controlled environment with a soundstage on the outer perimeters, lol. I don't really think that's what's going on but it would be an interesting, even if not very original, twist.

I'm pretty sure Esther drugged everyone which is why she chose to drink water and not the vodka. That way she could let crazy Miljan loose. But what does he know that she took? I thought the only thing I saw her take was the key to the Revealer and she produced that. Does anyone know what esle she took? And everyone thinks he's crazy anyway so she could have just said he's lying about whatever it is he thinks he knows.

I can't get out of my mind the locket Sabina found on the dead body that is just like hers. I hope they aren't in Purgatory or something and that was her real dead body and she's a ghost (which would mean they were on the helicopter when it crashed and they are all dead...). But whatever it is, finding that body with the locket has to be important and I really hope it's not a plot point that is dropped never to be thought of again.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The more I think about it, I'm convincing myself they are in some sort of controlled environment. It would explain the sudden change in weather and also how the beacon suddenly appeared but they never noticed it before.

Another thing that bugs me is how did Sam manage to crack the ice but the cameraman with a heavy camera made it across ok?

Someone please refresh my memory about George the accountant? I saw his face in the opening but cannot remember a thing about him. How did he leave? I know Tommy "died" and two were eliminated because they were the last to the camp but George totally escapes me.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

George took the buyout... They offered all contestants $5000 or so to leave the show after Tommy died.

It never made any sense to me to have cabins with doors that open out versus doors that open in. If it snows at night you can be trapped inside.

I also didn't understand why the entire group didn't go back to the producers camp and scavenge as much as possible and if they couldn't carry it all store it in the trailer so they could make other trips. I would definitely go back for some coolers and other storage devices. They must have had sleeping bags? Didn't anyone get any? What about batteries and lanterns etc...?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-22-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread