+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

I didn't think the green sky was a great plot choice. When I saw it, my first thought was that it look exactly like an aurora borealis. Im pretty sure the northern lights are visible in at least some parts of Siberia where this show is supposed to take place.

I'm leaning more to all of these characters being not exactly what they seem. It became pretty clear that Annie has been a victim of physical and/or sexual abuse in the past. Nikko is way over the top alpha male and I think he has his own agenda. We've already seen that Johnny and Carolina are not what we thought at first. I also like Irene, but I thought her expertise with that bow was somewhat suspect. The older, heavyset guy (whose name escapes me at the moment) has clear anger issues that must have some significance. Don't know about Esther and Miljan; both have seemed just vile from the beginning.

I'm going to put the following in spoiler tags because I think it's highly significant and seems to contradict some of what I wrote above.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The cast list at imdb.com lists each player and the number of episodes they appear in. Sabina is listed as appearing in 12 episodes. Seven other characters are listed as being in 6 episodes, three others are in 4, the host, Jonathan, is shown as 3, and Victoria and George are in two. If this is correct, it seems strange that Sabina would be carrying the show alone for 6 episodes, but she has seemed to be the one in the know from the beginning. If anyone wants to know how long each character is supposed to be around, I'll post another spoiler.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oh of course we want to know! I, too, fear any character I like will get zapped.
    I also immediately thought it was the aurora and was surprised none of them thought of that. I"ve never seen it but it looked just like pictures I"ve seen of major A.B. episondes. Of course that doesn't explain the doped up experience that Johnny and Carolina had, assuming that wasn't acting as well.

Okay, I'm putting the listing in spoilers here. I noticed two other things. First is that though this is a first role for a few of them, most of the others have acting credits with a few of them having quite a list of credits in shows or films we may have seen them in. Secondly, the one playing Carolina, who was outed as an actress in the last episode is the only one who is using a character name that is different from her own.

Click to see Spoiler:

Sabina = 12 episodes

Carolina, Johnny, Esther, Daniel, Milan, Nikko, Sam, Annie = 6 episodes

Irene, Natalie = 4 episodes

Johnny (the host) = 3 episodes

Victoria and George = 2 episodes

I'm guessing this means that Irene and Natalie are gone in the next episode, one way or another. The others except for Sabina stay around for another two episodes, thought what happens to them after that and what else happens in the story with Sabina there alone for an additional six episodes has me stumped. If imdb's listing is correct, it would seem there is a major plot twist halfway through. It is holding my interest.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I was surprised that no one knew what an aurora borealis is.

I think the editors need to tighten up a bit on editing and put more plot in the hour format because this last episode seemed a bit slow paced and boring. Why are the contestants not playing the game?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This recent episode was hardcore! I'm only hoping that Irene doesn't die from that injury, she's my favorite character. Joyce has been redeemed, now going by her real name rather than her alias Carolina, whereas Esther has seriously cemented herself as the biggest jerk. Miljan might have gone off the deep end, but at least he helped Irene when she was in trouble, Esther did the complete opposite.

I liked seeing Neeko and Johnny bury the hatchet, while Sabina just gets more and more mysterious. She somehow stole food, she has the rifle and ammo like we figured she would, and she had some of the week's creepiest moments, from seeing that girl in the woods, to finding a half buried skeleton that had the exact same pendant as her, that was a great moment. Now the producer's camp is ransacked, the cameramen don't know what's going on, the helicopter never came because the button is a prop. Come to think of it, we only ever saw the helicopter pick just one of the contestants away, which was George. but what about everybody else? Berglind, Harpreet, Victoria, and now Natalie. Were they really taken by the helicopter, or is something else going on?

I am so seriously hooked on this show, it's just my favorite thing on tv right now.

Miljan did help Irene, but it looked to me as if he purposely led her to where she was injured in the first place. Maybe that's just in my own mind.

I, too, love this show. It continues to remind me Lost where each character has major flaws that are slowly revealed. They even have the lost children, the trees in the forest where they hide from the show's version of the "smoke monster," Sabina reminds me of Ben or maybe of Locke. But, whether all that is true or not, I'm finding the show intriguing.

I really like this show too. This past weekend I watched all the episodes from the beginning again, trying to get my girlfriend interested in the show (it worked!) and I noticed a few things that I'd missed.

I missed a bit of info in the scene where they first arrived at the camp. Johnny & Neeko arrived first and Neeko discovered that Sabina, the soldier, was already in one bunk house. He left the house and she went directly over to a curtain and retrieved a knife. It kind of signified that she had already been to this location and stashed that knife. Of course, this week we saw that she has a fort in that cave, so she seems to already be familiar with the area. She was whittling with that knife in front of everyone so it was not like she was keeping it hid.

I noticed in the closing credits, they had the list of contestants and even in episode 1, they had Carolina listed as... Joyce "Carolina" Giraud. So they are putting some clues out.

The host DEFINITELY said that the contestants had to last there, in the Siberian forrest, until the END of winter, with only the clothes on their back. Everyone who remains splits the $500,000.

No one has any heavy clothing of any type. They are gonna have to kill some fur to make it through the winter. I'm not a hunter but I imagine that those animals hibernate through a harsh winter like that, so shouldn't they get to hunting and skinning them now?

I thought it so incredibly stupid for the contestants to even wonder about getting medical help for Irene. As for Esther, you know in a game were there are no rules as far as I am concerned stepping over a line means nothing hopefully the other folks in the game will soon realize this.

If the base camp is destroyed I would scavenge everything and bring it back to camp.
    scoot13 likes this.

Episode 6 - Out of the Frying Pan - August 12, 2013

You know I don't mind bad shows or stupid shows or stupid bad shows if they are short and sweet...this is a 12 episode show and I think it is about 4 to 6 episodes too long. I do feel a lot more should have happened in this episode as they dragged out the last half hour forevvvveeeeeeeeer. It was boring, get on with it already, tighten up the editing.

I agree they needed to tighten up this episode. It's pretty obvious IMHO that Irene is going to die and probably already would've in real life.

I do like there is a mystery to the "Gift box" and that it's for "Test Group C."

The crater was interesting - but if it's the helicopter it's unrealistic. It would've caused a larger fire.

It got to the point I thought this was not Siberia actually but the dead woods near Chernobyl and Pripyat but that is not possible given the geographical location supposedly. (BTW I know it's not in real life but going by the show.)

+ Reply to Thread