+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Siberia--pseudo reality show

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Totally agree about the fat and grease!! Also that so far I love Irene. Of course I used to like Carolina, too.
    Also agree about the sudden dumping on Neeko. Rationing clearly made sense....

It seemed very fake that Johnny was picking flowers for Carolina especially since he has been a hardcore ass from day one. The swimming and almost kissing did work and seemed natural though. I did think it was game playing when he went after Neeko for rationing the food in the shed. Rationing the food made total sense. Johnny sees Neeko as a rival both as having a leadership position among the other players and as a physical rival; why wouldn't he try to undermine him as much as possible? Carolina did surprise me stealing the food and burning down the shed. I did think it was Carolina because who else knew about her finding Johnny picking flowers. Although as others suggested it might be that Australian model. It was hard to tell.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This show started out so good, an interesting concept for a scripted show. But with each episode, my interest is waning.
    It just all seems so contrived & so obviously phony. Way less believable than most clearly scripted & scored shows.

Since it's on at the same time as Under The Dome, I've been taping & watching on the weekend. I watched this past weekend's episode this morning. About half way through, I apparently lost my transmission, so I missed about the last half.
    The surprising thing is that I didn't care at all. I was glad to have almost 1/2 hour free.

I think it's time to cut myself free from this. Seeing that I tape anyhow, I'm just not going to bother anymore. It's just not holding my interest at all.

For those still watching, enjoy.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I watched that fire scene several times and I am sure that the woman was Carolina. The hair was black and hung past the waste line. The only other girl with hair that long is the model and her hair stops just before the belt.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

??? Did you all get the show last night? Where I live we got an hour of Royal Baby babble instead. Any idea when it might be shown?

Good observation, scoot!
    scoot13 likes this.

All I got was royal baby babble, too. No mention made of the preemption or when it would be aired. I think idiotic NBC was the only one of the major networks to do this. I wonder if they are just going to push back all the episodes by a week.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think they are just going to push back the episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh so that is why it was not recorded because a special aired on the royal baby.....I thought my tivo was acting strange.....

I too was surprised, and not surprised.

Surprised they didn't announce the pre-emption earlier in the lineup with one of those silly "alert marquees."

Not surprised because they basically got the scoop over the other two networks on the special (though I honestly think the ABC one yesterday was far better).

Because honestly I wanted to know what the green stuff was this week and not wait another week. Oh well.

The show continues to be interesting. Carolina has been redeemed in this week's twist, where Daniel recognized her as an actress and she revealed the producers hired her as a plant to screw with things and commit sabotage to make things harder for the contestants. Whereas Esther continues to sink lower as she seduces a cameraman and is now bribing him with the tape of them having sex so he can help her win. She is so not coming out of this alive. The one thing I wasn't interested about this week was Annie and Natalie developing a romance. I liked Natalie at first, but she's become such a snippy shrew, and Annie herself has been boring since day one, so I just don't care. I did like that scene in the end where Daniel gave Irene a pretty colored rock after their earlier talk, it was quite cute.

Miljan still behaves like a jerk, but has become increasingly creepy. His "joke" attack on Esther, his overall behavior, especially since finding that totem thing, and then that mysterious figure he saw. Either he dies soon or whatever is out there has taken control of him somehow. The green sky thing was pretty cool, but wonder what the heck is has to do with Johnny and Carolina appearing all bruised up and having no recollection of what happened. It's quite intriguing. I just wish the show would stop trying to make me like Johnny and dislike Neeko. It's not working! I still dislike Johnny and I still like Neeko!

Next week it seems that that solemn moment of conjunction between the fan and the fecal matter has arrived. Irene seems to be badly hurt by some sort of trap and they decide to take her to the helicopter spot itself, only for there to apparently be no contact with the producers. Gosh, I really hope Irene doesn't die, she's my favorite character! But on the other hand, her death would be the biggest punch in the gut out of them all, so I can see the show doing it, much to my dismay.

+ Reply to Thread