+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Re: Siberia

Saw a quick preview of this. Will be watching tonight.

I'll try not to post any spoilers.

The intro was a bit long, I hope we don't have to sit through that every week.

Also, I remember seeing a news story last month about killer beavers in Siberia. I know its a big place, but having to survive is hard enough without being attacked by ornery beavers. I haven't seen any firearms yet, or leg traps on supply for that matter.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'm planning on suing NBC for that wasted hour I'll never get back.
    mushybrain likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Well, bugger! I had a very nice, somewhat humourous synopsis of the show going, and suddenly it disappeared. Lost and gone forever, the moment has passed.

FORT Fogey

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Thanks for the heads up, PWS! I hadn't given this one any thought -- that's a crazy busy time slot -- but after reading your description, now I will.

Sounds good!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had to decide between this and Under the Dome last night and chose Under the Dome. I'll try to catch Siberia on-demand. I'm not sure how I'll like it since it's a fake reality show but we'll see. It's not like "real" reality shows are all that real.

I taped The Dome & watched this.
    So far so good. I'll be back next week. But a few things bothered me:
    After the first 2 "contestants" were introduced I began trying to guess what all the others did for a living the moment they were shown. I was right nearly every time. WAY too much stereotyping.
    For a supposedly International cast, they all spoke perfect Americanized English with extremely minimal accents. That bugged me. Showed the phoniness.
    All in all the show just seemed to be trying too hard.

I did like it enough & it was different enough, to watch next week. It's original & could make for a good Summer show.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I watched the pilot last night and rather enjoyed it. Once you're a little ways into it, it is so obviously a spoof on reality tv, something like Burning Love. I love that scripted tv is trying to show reality tv for what it is.

All the "contestants" are prototypes of reality tv casting. There's the entitled female who thinks everything should be made easy for her and that's just who she is. There's the self-involved jerk who is only out for himself and is proud of it. There's the nerdy computer guy whose brains really do help figure things out. There's the kind-hearted good guy who does feels compelled to help someone who needs it. I'm forgetting a few, but we do have the bunch of those who "aren't there to make friend," who "realize that this is a competition," and who "will do whatever it takes to win and won't feel bad about it at all."

I'm looking forward to laughing along with the next episode.
    scoot13 and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just posted on this show in the Other Reality Shows forum along with my reasons for liking it. I wonder if the mods could combine these two thread into one. I think this forum would be the right one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Luckily I had set to tape this show so I could watch it again.

+ Reply to Thread