+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Siberia--pseudo reality show

Re: Siberia--pseudo reality show

OK, now they have officially gotten me confused. When they found the dead person, they first say - at least to my ears - that it was Berglind who was killed.

Then Annie says it was Heather who was the dead person.

But the person's appearance clearly resembles the former person mentioned. The girl had blonde hair more of the shade of Berglind's than Heather's and was much longer than Heather's.

So - now we wonder if any of them (besides maybe George) have escaped.

The tower bit was a bit obvious as far as what was going to happen, and it was a bit implausible that Johnny would be trying to carry Joyce (Carolina) to the cabin after what happened to him to begin with.

Some parts of this are now reading a bit "Jurassic Park" to me with the suspense and the footprints, but that is a good thing.

I will admit if what we're seeing is correct, I will miss Annie and admittedly Esther.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

One thing I didn't understand about the dead girl was she disappeared quite a while ago. Yet, her hand was only about as frostbitten as Sam's foot. And as much as it has been snowing lately, she wasn't as deeply buried as I would have thought she would have been. So it appears she died relatively recently (maybe within a day or two). Where has she been all this time?? Did she get lost in the woods and eventually die of exposure? Was someone holding her captive and she escaped and died of frostbite? Or did they murder her and leave her out on the ground after it started snowing, hoping it would cover her?

I was confused on that scene too. I just went back and watched it again several times. It sounds like Sabina says a couple of times "It's Irene, It's Irene" (I guess she said, "It's not Irene"?).

It turned out to be Natalie. The blonde vets assistant that made out with the goth chick (Annie?)

Here's a cap of the body..
    vlcsnap-2013-08-27-10h41m36s186.jpg

Here's Natalie, it even matches the clothes:
    vlcsnap-2013-08-27-10h47m06s48.jpg

I liked that episode. This show is definitely about to take some major turns. I have to say that they have fished me in, I am anxious to see what the creature is and how it plays into the experiments that are going on at that shelter.

I never could understand what Sam said that the sign said at the shelter, even replaying it over and over. He said, "It doesn't make any sense."

Daniel asked what and Sam replied, "The sign. It says it's a ________ Sciences Center".

He may have said "Worship Sciences Center" or "Motion Sciences Center"?

In the previews:
    • Three dead bodies in that shelter. The bodies looked like they died instantly while sitting at their desks and just slumped over.
    • Fetus experiments and Xrays on the wall (looked like a dog maybe?)
    • After a "RUN!" scramble with Joyce & Sam, I heard Milan's voice saying, "They took her" (I'm guessing they took Irene)

EDIT - Upon further review... I think Sam says that the sign reads, "Russian Sciences Center".... duh!
    Last edited by scoot13; 08-27-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: upon reflection....

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    One thing I didn't understand about the dead girl was she disappeared quite a while ago. Yet, her hand was only about as frostbitten as Sam's foot. And as much as it has been snowing lately, she wasn't as deeply buried as I would have thought she would have been. So it appears she died relatively recently (maybe within a day or two). Where has she been all this time?? Did she get lost in the woods and eventually die of exposure? Was someone holding her captive and she escaped and died of frostbite? Or did they murder her and leave her out on the ground after it started snowing, hoping it would cover her?
    My take on that was that she was just left behind after being eaten by the beast, just like the tiger, then the snow came and mostly covered her up. Her stomach was removed, according to Sabina. But was she captured and fed to the beast or just wandering the forest on her own? Maybe she was captured and escaped and then the beast got her?

I wonder how many nights have passed in the game?

I think in their time, they have only been there a couple weeks or so and Natalie has only been gone a week or less.

I think Irene has only been hurt for three or four days now.

I think the group of Sam, Joyce, Daniel, & Johnny will now spend just their second night away from the others (in that shelter).

I think they have only had snow for less than 24 hours as it all came last night. Didn't all these events happen as they were headed to the base camp the next morning to pillage winter gear? Didn't the snow come the same night that they tied Milan up (last night)?

At this point, Miljan's mega creepy behavior is one of the oddest things. He covered the camera when he was alone to Irene, but she was alive and we still don't know what he did to her. He's growing increasingly violent, he kidnapped Irene. And then I see the opening credits, and near the end, there's a shot of him standing in front of antlers that make it seem like they're growing out of his head, which is such a shout-out to the legend of the Wendigo.

A Wendigo is a person who ate human flesh and is cursed to transform into a cannibalistic creature, which is often depicted as a hideous anthropomorphic stag or deer. Considering all the freaky stuff happening in there, Miljan becoming a Wendigo wouldn't surprise me. I mean, already there's some weird creature roaming around that has killed two people and a tiger, so it wuldn't be that farfetched.

Most boring and drawn out episode yet. This episode would have been way better if it was only 20 minutes long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This is a 12 episode series and "The Gathering Fog" was episode 8 so four more weeks of this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    At this point, Miljan's mega creepy behavior is one of the oddest things. He covered the camera when he was alone to Irene, but she was alive and we still don't know what he did to her. He's growing increasingly violent, he kidnapped Irene. And then I see the opening credits, and near the end, there's a shot of him standing in front of antlers that make it seem like they're growing out of his head, which is such a shout-out to the legend of the Wendigo.

A Wendigo is a person who ate human flesh and is cursed to transform into a cannibalistic creature, which is often depicted as a hideous anthropomorphic stag or deer. Considering all the freaky stuff happening in there, Miljan becoming a Wendigo wouldn't surprise me. I mean, already there's some weird creature roaming around that has killed two people and a tiger, so it wuldn't be that farfetched.
    It also makes sense since he got the markings - in blood - of that symbol of flags in a circle or something on his arm. He also had that book as well.

I know the show isn't everyone's cup of tea - I personally had to stop watching "Lost" because it went over the top, but this is a nice escape while I'm waiting for "Castle" to return.
    scoot13 likes this.

I will admit yesterday's story was a bit hard to follow, but watching it I am thinking we are going to see something odd...

Click to see Spoiler:
    ... in that, based on the teasers those who go with the land travelers will end up surviving (Even if it's with the group for perpetuity) and the ones who went to get help will be killed. No word yet on Esther or Annie though. Irene does look better, so the land walkers do know something about medicine.

+ Reply to Thread