+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: RAY DONOVAN on SHOW

RAY DONOVAN on SHOW

Ray Donovan (TV Series 2013

Did anyone watch this last night? I thought it was pretty good.

I will say as a Bostonian, ugh, again when movies and tv shows try to copy our accent, ugh, not so good here.

But I think I will continue to watch. I saw that the reviews were very mixed.
    KAREN

Re: RAY DONOVAN on SHOW

i dvr'ed it, will prob check it out tonight.
    momrek06 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I watched it and loved it. I feel better when reviews are mixed... when they're too one-sided it sets expectations way too high.
    momrek06 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I finally watched it last night. I loved it. I hope others join in.

Because I'm not from the north, I'm not an authority on those accents. The southern ones I know! lol One of my best friends is from NY/NJ and I am used to hers. Saw is pronounced sar. lol

I found Ray difficult to understand, because he seemed to mumble a lot. It's like he's afraid to move his mouth when he speaks. Where is that actor really from. He looks European.

At first I was ticked off at Ray, because how dare he mess around with that young girl right in his wife's face, especially after the girl had the crazy nerve to walk right into his house and chat with his wife! That's stalker crazy. You don't allow a stalker crazy person to pleasure you in your car while your wife is waiting for you to return home. Stupid and disrepectful.

Then why did Ray take his family to the party at the house of the crazy stalker's lover? Once again, is he trying to hurt his family?

I then had a change of heart when his wife ignored what he said about his dad and invited the dangerous grandpa into their home to see the kids. Is she crazy? Why didn't she believe Ray. Now, I think she may be too stupid to care about. It's clear. Grandpa will bring trouble to the home and somebody is going to get hurt. Probably the wife, IMO.

Can anyone explain the dye in the bag? Why was that equal to the bat treatment? Did Ray really kill the guy with that bat at the end. I would think that beating someone in the head with a bat would kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I finally watched it last night. I loved it. I hope others join in.

Because I'm not from the north, I'm not an authority on those accents. The southern ones I know! lol One of my best friends is from NY/NJ and I am used to hers. Saw is pronounced sar. lol

I found Ray difficult to understand, because he seemed to mumble a lot. It's like he's afraid to move his mouth when he speaks. Where is that actor really from. He looks European.

At first I was ticked off at Ray, because how dare he mess around with that young girl right in his wife's face, especially after the girl had the crazy nerve to walk right into his house and chat with his wife! That's stalker crazy. You don't allow a stalker crazy person to pleasure you in your car while your wife is waiting for you to return home. Stupid and disrepectful.

Then why did Ray take his family to the party at the house of the crazy stalker's lover? Once again, is he trying to hurt his family?

I then had a change of heart when his wife ignored what he said about his dad and invited the dangerous grandpa into their home to see the kids. Is she crazy? Why didn't she believe Ray. Now, I think she may be too stupid to care about. It's clear. Grandpa will bring trouble to the home and somebody is going to get hurt. Probably the wife, IMO.

Can anyone explain the dye in the bag? Why was that equal to the bat treatment? Did Ray really kill the guy with that bat at the end. I would think that beating someone in the head with a bat would kill them.
    As I recall, Debb, Ray said to the stalker, "the bag or the bat"! Stalker chooses the bag and he is dyed GREEN, Gawd. I have never seen that in all my gangster type movies (and I have watched my share). Then the stalker continues to stalk the girl and yes, Ray kills stalker in the end. Because I believe as Ray was leaving the bathroom as stalker was becoming greener and greener, Ray told him something along the lines, "if I catch you stalking her again you will be killed" !
    HTH

Yes, NY, NJ and New England all have some interesting accents.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I knew he gave the guy the choice of the bag or the bat the first visit. That was the name of the episode I think, The bag or the bat? I just didn't understand why getting dyed green was so bad. I mean compared to getting beaten with a ball bat? He must have been a complete idiot to go back. Anyone could tell Ray meant business.

Why is Ray working for that little whimpy guy? Ray needs his own business.

Just watched it a few minutes ago. I enjoyed it and look forward to the season. It's gonna be interesting. I wonder what kind of drama the father will bring to the family. It can't be good.

Ray's wife must be an idiot to not see how dangerous the grandpa is. Not good.
    Punkin likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Debb, Liev was on Kelly and Michael's show the other day. He said he was from NY. Michael said that Liev has a deep, soothing voice and I agree. Apparently, he was born in San Francisco, moved shortly thereafter to Canada, and then when his folks divorced, he and his mom moved to NYC when he was
    5. So, I am going to claim him as a native New Yorker.
    From IDMb-
    Liev (pronounced Lee-ev) is the son of Heather, a painter, and Tell Schreiber, a theatrical actor with a small role in The Keeper (1976). When he was one, the family moved from San Francisco to Canada. His parents were divorced when he was five. He and his mother moved to New York, where she drove a cab. During that time, they lived as squatters in abandoned buildings. His mother taught him to read, and she also forbade him from seeing color movies. He grew up seeing silent and black & white movies at a local revival house and particularly enjoyed those of Charles Chaplin. His mother now lives in an ashram in Virginia. He began acting at Hampshire College and continued at the Yale University School of Drama in 1992. He originally wanted to be a playwright, but his teacher encouraged him to become an actor.
    They showed a clip of his new show and I think I will tune in. My husband watched the first epi when it aired but I was browsing on the computer at the time. Hubby enjoyed it.

I thought the first episode was tremendous. I watched it 2 times on the dvr. This may be right up there with Homeland. Time will tell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast