+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: RAY DONOVAN on SHOW

Re: RAY DONOVAN on SHOW

Did Ray set up his father to go to prison? I might have to watch episode 2 again. Keeps getting better

Quote Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
    Did Ray set up his father to go to prison? I might have to watch episode 2 again. Keeps getting better
    I don't know. I will have to watch this episode again.

Why did Ray's dad and his black son break into that guy's house? Why is that guy afraid of them?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Okay, so this is one of those shows where you've just got to pay attention. I did not see the first epi and so I kept shushing my husband so as to not miss important things. I am not sure but that guy who had the little baby and was holed up in his home out of fear, didn't he use to be an unsavory character in another life? I thought I heard mention that he had something to do with Ray's dad being sent to prison. Now that Ray's dad is out of prison, he and his son broke into the guys's house ( does he have something to do with the movie industry?) , and left that photo on the table. Towards the end of the show, Ray's hit man (big, scary Russian ? dude) beats the heck out of the black son and staples (eek, ouch!) the photo to his chest.

Anyhow, hubby can't keep quiet and I tend to miss a lot and then of course we have the sound of the a/c going on and off which contributes to my not hearing as well as I'd like.

I liked it but it is a very dark show. Certainly not easy, breezy summer fare.

I think the first episode provides a lot of information that is helpful. It shows a side of Ray that we don't see in the second one. It also gives the reasons for Ray's brothers being the way they are.

I'm loving this after the first two episodes. Happy to learn that Liev is a native San Franciscan! :>)

I wasn't aware he was from San Francisco. That's great. I love the show 2. Each episode is worth watching twice same as Breaking Bad.

Yes, you really need to watch each show twice. I watched last week's again and I caught what was described above about the comment the guy with the baby made. He was talking to Ray and he said that HE, the guy with the baby whose house was broken into, shot and killed Ray's girlfriend in the head. THEN they framed Ray's dad and sent him to prison for it. Ray didn't bat an eyelash, so I guess it was true. I don't know what to make of this story. Why would Ray do this?

After last night, we now know why Ray's dad was allowed to leave MA as soon as he got out of prison and why he got out early. I thought it was odd that he would have been allowed to leave the state by his parole officer. Why hasn't Ray figured this out?

I think the guy who came in to see Ray's dad at the library is FBI. At the end, that guy is sitting there looking at these suspects he wants to nail and there is Ray's photo. Is this guy official? It looks like he's in his own basement. His offiical law enforcement photo is hanging on the wall behind his desk. Who does that? Wouldn't you have your stuff hung up in your office? I guess he's somebody though, because he got Ray's dad out of prison 5 years early.

That family is full of idiots. What is wrong with Ray's wife, his daugther, his brother, etc. They are not too bright.

Ray looked hot last night, but his wife's character is such a turnoff with her personality, that I don't want to see any love scenes with them. I wish they would split.

I think Ray Donovan keeps getting better and better. Haven't had a chance yet to watch episode 3 for a 2nd time

What do you make of Micky dancing the night away in the gay bar? This guy may be bad news, but he's a lot more entertaining than anyone else on the show.

Ray's wife is the spoil sport. She is really annoying to me. I really hope he leaves her.
    buttahfly likes this.

Jon Voight is just outstanding. If he doesn't win an Emmy for his work I'll be very surprised

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast