+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Under The Dome

If she had followed Junior (sorry . . . James ) from her house - where maybe she had a wood burning fireplace - it wouldn't be as silly, but she followed him from the radio station. Maybe there was a charcoal bar-b-que grill we didn't see!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, this is the test for Junior's dad---so far he hasn't been nearly as slimy as he was in the book. Does he leave her to drown to save Jr., or what?

I would hope the doctor/mother would think to check the drugstore's supply of insulin. She can't be the only insulin dependent person in town unless it is a lot skinnier town than most. If she's Type I she's a goner as soon as the insulin runs out, if Type II she could last quite a while...but I'm guessing she's meant to be Type I This is only a summer show though, right? So they may have to wrap it up before she runs out.

It's nice in a way that Jr. and his dad are not so totally evil as they were in the book.

I think they're setting Junior up to be quite interesting. He's got that wounded puppy thing going and just enough sensitivity to come across as sincere and well meaning. But on the other hand, his sadistic tendencies aren't quite developed yet. However, the introduction of the power of the law could be that push over the edge.

There is no way that Big Jim can let Angie out or live. He is in no way going to risk his position by having his son cast in a bad light. However, given Angie's actions, I have branded her TSTL (too stupid to live)

I also see how we're getting some other set ups - the moms move out of the room over the diner just as Barbie now needs a place to stay. We learn that Barbie was once a line cook. It's not a stretch to see how he falls in to a job at the diner.

And as a side note, seeing Samantha Mathis in the mom/doctor role makes me feel OLD OLD OLD.
    PWS and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, based on the book and on his nutty imprisoning of Angie I figured giving Jr. a gun at the clinic would already have set him off. Instead he behaved brilliantly in a tough situation. Being treated with respect may pull him back from the edge....even dad gave him a high 5 as it were....but of course now dad is going to be REALLY disappointed in him....

We are really enjoying it
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Why are the people of this town still driving around short distances?? Where do they think they're going to get gas from once they use up their current supply? Stupid, stupid! They should only be driving if they need to go long distances and if they need to go quickly and have no other means to get there. They might end up needing gas for other purposes.

And why doesn't Barbie tell what's-her-face her husband is dead?? It'll hurt her, of course, but then she can start to deal with it instead of being in a constant state of unknowing and anxiety.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

I like this show, but it's not too convincing. If they're in a dome cut off from everything, how was the wind constantly blowing on tonight's episode?
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Hubby (former military) knew right away what MOAB meant, but he had no answer when I asked that same wind question Harleyswife!

And I agree about the driving thing Pikachu - not only are they wasting a precious resource, but where is the pollution going? Isn't it trapped in the dome too?

Barbie was ready to tell Julia about her husband (at least I think that's what he was about to say) but he was interrupted by the Two Moms looking for their daughter.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What's he going to say to her, I've been constantly lying to you, but now I'm telling the truth--I killed him and covered it up, but it was an accident? Yeah... With that volatile situation I wouldn't want to chance being the target of the "police" like Junior, who already hates him, either.
    At least now she thinks he left, thanks to the letter to the sister.
    I think that the wind only got through because the wind outside the dome was so powerful. At least based on the book air could get through it there was force behind it---e.g., giant fans. That turned out to be an important plot point in the book. When you look at the ground outside the dome there clearly was a major firestorm. Of course that implies that air that came through would be warm...
    Also in the book pollution became a major issue....the dome gradually became visible as gunk collected outside and in, especially in, as there was no rain to wash it off. HOpefully they have wells so there's no water shortage.
    I agree re the gas... why are they wasting it? A town that size has maybe one gas station,no?

I knew as soon as the minister was getting static on his huge hearing aids that they were going to be used to kill him. The MOAB thing was clever. And not in the book so far as I recall.

So is Angie going to forgive Junior and not tell on him? Or is he going to lock her up again now that they aren't dead?

My guess is he (Barbie) was only going to tell her (Julia) to clear his own conscience since he thought they were all gonna die.

+ Reply to Thread