+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Re: Under The Dome

I stumbled onto this show tonight, and I really like it so far. I plan to watch the episodes now. I love these type of sci-fi shows that involve the whole town in a predicament type of thing.
    cablejockey and JavaJo like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I taped it & just watched it this morning. I thought it started really well. They didn't waste any time getting us into the story. Kind of reminded me of the start of Lost. Even the introductory music. Very similar. I knew it came from a King book, but haven't read it.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Jeff Fahey too. I really hope he isn't gone. He's great to watch.

I felt the same way. I was really hoping he was one who died early, but it doesn't look that way. I have a feeling that is one part of the show I'm not going to enjoy.

All in all they gave us some interesting characters. if they keep the pace good & the stories interesting, I'm in.

I'm hoping the story goes: Them against whatever's causing this, & finding a solution.
    I hope it doesn't go: Them against each other in a free-for-all looting & destruction extravaganza. Maybe a little, we have to have bad guys, but that's all.

The strength & resilience of mankind when necessary is a favorite of mine.
    The rotttenness & cruelty of mankind instead, isn't.
    I like to see characters live up to their potential, not down below it.
    Given that the show is so clearly different from the book, don't think it gives anything away to say that in the book you got plenty of both. Who knows which way the show will go.

On tonight's show, so far, i see a trend where they are spending a lot of the show time about the people relationships. I hope they begin to focus more time on figuring out how to get out of the dome.

There wias a couple good ideas, where some people are trying to dig under it to see how deep it goes, and another girl is going to the radio station to see if she can figure out who the military is talking to. I like parts like that the most. The girl actor who is abducted by her boyfriend in the shelter is a good actor. She has me believing her role, although her predicament with the crazy boyfriend is bizarre. Seems more like it should be on an "abducted" show, rather than this show. LOL
    Debb70 likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Miss Scarlett--and others who like people isolated in a survivial situation-- I really recommend Siberia 0n ABC--just watched the first episode---it looks like a "reality show" of the Survivor type, and then something goes wrong, and it really IS a survival situation for those stuck there. Of course it conflicts with Dome, at least tonight, but that's what VCRs and On Demand are for! I taped Dome, going to watch it later.
    Sticker likes this.

I haven't read the book so I can enjoy the show as is but I don't think I'll enjoy seeing Angie held hostage down in that bunker all season. I don't like storylines like that and am hoping she escapes soon. Previews show Juniors father opening the door at some point but he probably gets stopped by Junior, or maybe he leaves Angie down there to cover up for his son? I really hope not, that would be way too depressing to watch!

When the reporter went on the radio show and announced they were under a dome, why did all the residents look surprised as if that's the first time they heard or realized that? At this point were they just thinking there was some forcefield around them but the space above was open? I thought everyone pretty much guessed they were trapped under something invisible so it seemed odd that they were reacting to the dome theory as if it had never occurred to any of them before that.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

This first episode really grabbed me. I got distracted last night so I hope I'll remember to watch that episode On Demand.

I had no idea it was Stephen King or I might not have watched it. I loved King when I was a teen but became disillusioned with his books after awhile. It seemed to me that his first books were great but once he became popular, he was popping them out so quickly that he did not take the time needed to develop his story-lines to fulfillment. Since I quit reading him so long ago, I have no idea what he is like these days except for his movies which are usually pretty lame.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the show is different from his book for this very reason. I love the actress who plays the reporter and the one who stayed over at her house.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I watched one episode and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I'm not sure why. I do agree with those upthread about the girl being held in the bunker. I don't care for that storyline in this type of show.

I really want to like this show since it was filmed exclusively in NC, where I live!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really want to like this show since it was filmed exclusively in NC, where I live!

I didn't know it was filmed in NC. I'm on the coast, up by the state line. Nothing ever happens here!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I didn't know it was filmed in NC. I'm on the coast, up by the state line. Nothing ever happens here!!!
    Do you mean near VA?

Here is an article about the filming locations. I saw Steven King at an event they had in Wilmington recently. He was very kind and said nice things about the NC citizens.

List of Southport, NC filming locations for Stephen King's 'Under the Dome' - Charlotte Celebrity Headlines | Examiner.com

Didn't realize it was filmed in NC. Not surprised though. Wilmington has a large filming studio there (Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, etc.) and Southport is a picturesque beach town where Hannah and her Sisters was filmed (the gingerbread house still stands I believe).

I have not read Stephen King's book (not my favorite writer generally), but am liking this show and most of its actors. I will continue to watch until I lose interest.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread