+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Re: Under The Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I was happy to see that the show is on xfinity OnDemand, so I got to watch it, and also enjoyed it. I'm like your husband, I forgot a lot of the story, but I don't remember being too tied to any of the characters anyway. I'm really intriqued with the Barbie mystery and the reporter's missing husband.
    Yes! that was a nice little ending/twist wasn't it? glad you got to see it OnDemand
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I didn't mind some of the changes because I have read the book and I'm okay with them wanting to make it interesting enough for those of us who have. However....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I agree with you about Julia, Barbie and the kids. Those are the BEST characters in the book and I really didn't see a need to change them. The sheriff...don't get me started. They got him all wrong. I was pissed when he died so early in the book...lol

I'll watch but I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it. Hard to tell from the first episode. I do like the actress playing Angie (she has one of the most expressive faces on television for such a young girl), so I'm glad she's still around.
    Why are we putting opinions about the characters in spoiler tags?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm not sure yet. I did like Barbie and Julia and I always like to watch Dean Norris and Beth Broderick. If the sheriff is really gone, I'm quite disappointed because Jeff Fahey was one of my prime reasons for checking it out in the first place. He is listed as a cast regular, so perhaps we'll see more of him in flashbacks.

The real turnoff for me was the character of Junior. I generally don't enjoy watching that type at all. I have not read the books, but I presume he is a major character in the story. I plan to check out another episode or three and then decide if I want to stay with it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Why are we putting opinions about the characters in spoiler tags?
    Ariel has made a generous and conscious effort not to smear the book details and the show together. I am one of the more grateful people. The book and the show are 2 totally different entities, and not everyone has read or wants to be distracted by the book details that just cause confusion.
    ilja likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't think details were being "smeared" together. So no mention of any silly old book allowed. Gotcha.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I didn't think details were being "smeared" together. So no mention of any silly old book allowed. Gotcha.
    I don't mind either way, just put book and I can skip it.
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Let's clear this book vs. TV show thing up. It's totally natural for posters to want to discuss the differences and similarities between a book and a TV show. We COMPLETELY allow that discussion. We only ask that all spoilers of FUTURE plot points be placed in spoiler tags. This has been our policy for a while now and we're not changing it. If posters wish to discuss ONLY the book, they can do so in a thread for the book in the Books forum. Otherwise, the book is fair game in a discussion of this show. We only ask that you be considerate to posters who have not read the books and make sure not to let any spoilers slip out.

As a reminder, spoiler tags are ONLY needed for discussion of actual spoilers - this means things that have not yet happened on the TV show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The real turnoff for me was the character of Junior. I generally don't enjoy watching that type at all. I have not read the books, but I presume he is a major character in the story. I plan to check out another episode or three and then decide if I want to stay with it.
    Based on the book, he is - at least for the most part. I do not know yet how they'll portray him for the series.

Can someone explain to me why all the networks decide to air their shows at 10 pm Monday night? At this point Under the Dome is airing at the same time as Longmire, King and Maxwell, Teen Wolf and Siberia.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Hubby and I watched it tonight!

We really liked it!

We liked 'M. Vogel' in Bates Motel and I see he is on here as Barbie!

Also we really like 'J. Fahey' in both LOST and Hatfields and McCoys! I hope we see allot of him!

It's typical of KING to have the setting in Maine! Chester's Mill, Maine!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread