+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Re: Under The Dome

I can't get over the two week thing.

Really????

All this happened within a TWO WEEK SPAN???? I could buy it if it were at the very least a month.

I was also puzzled about the diner being open as well. Are they actually paying for their meals with money??

Also, I figured that surely some of the townsfolk would have gardens. Why not just water the gardens with the water from the lake?

I assumed the dome is a membrane where water can come inside? I mean, face it, if it's not porous they would've died long ago from lack of oxgen.

And why isn't the media hanging out near the dome walls? Or the military?

Or has this show turned me off to the point that I'm forgetting some things?

This show should've ended last year. Or at the most end after this season.

I'm about to put this show under King's old movie, "Maximum Overdrive". At least the cars knew when to quit!
    tinderbox likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

It looks like Stephen King just gave up and sold out.
    Boo....
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm not happy about it only be two weeks later either. It seems like Junior held Angie in the bunker for at least three or four days, and then a lot has happened since then that would put the timeline more like a month has gone by. If the pacing is going to be this slow then I may have to call it quits.

And yeah, did the vet get trapped outside the dome? Must have.

I can suspend reality for science fiction shows but at this rate we it will take four years of viewing for one month of story. No thanks.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The diner thing, and paying, & where is their food coming from, etc. has been bothering me too. The two week thing is bothering me too.
    But the thing that has stuck in me is that when those on the outside set off that big old bomb, it completely destroyed the terrain, houses, trees, etc. outside of the dome. But since that shot of all the dead landscape, there hasn't been a single mention of the bomb or the dead landscape. They've repeatedly shown the outside, as green, full of life, & lush as ever. Just like before the bomb.

Plus, if that bomb was that destructive, it had to have affected the air dramatically. But that air that's apparently getting into the dome somehow is just fine.
    Also, the power/generator situation. What kind of town has enough generators to power an entire town? And the car/gasoline situation.

I also obsess on things like that. Inconsistencies drive me nuts.
    Kocky_Kamikaze, Ellen and Coco46 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

those things being mentioned shouldnt even bother people because the show is not good. period

bad writing, acting, plot, bad everything. i just have to think that it's favoritism and tv politics why this is even on the air

just as the last season, this show is a bunch of dumb randomness with no kind of direction thrown together in an editing room

I really enjoyed it last Summer. It was something different & interesting for a Summer show. Usually they're kind of meager. Sure there were plot holes big enough to drive a truck through & get out of the Dome, but it was still fun to watch.

This Summer it just seems like they are grasping at straws to extend the life of the show.
    I'm still in 'till the end of Summer, but if things and the people of Chester's Mill don't come together to start moving toward getting to the bottom of what's going on, I may not be back if there's another season.

As for confusing show with a convoluted plot, this ain't no Lost.
    PWS and Coco46 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

They should have followed the plot of the book. They could have gotten 2 seasons out of it and quit. It DID deal with issues like running out of gas, air quality, etc. For example the Dome was gradually becoming NOT clear as glass because of pollution and dust sticking to it inside and out, which was eventually going to affect even the home gardens. Of course the ending was totally weird, but at least it was consistent.
    waywyrd and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    They should have followed the plot of the book. They could have gotten 2 seasons out of it and quit. It DID deal with issues like running out of gas, air quality, etc. For example the Dome was gradually becoming NOT clear as glass because of pollution and dust sticking to it inside and out, which was eventually going to affect even the home gardens. Of course the ending was totally weird, but at least it was consistent.
    That may still be addressed, they have said the Dome fell just 2 weeks ago. I presue it would take longer than 2 weeks to cloud up or dust over.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Excellent point!

Re the fuel thing...in the book they covered that because Big Jim and some others were involved in making meth or something out by the radio station, which was run by a methhead and a nutty preacher. They had a HUGE store of propane or something there for the drug making, which could be used to fuel a lot of the town. There were also some "climate" effects.

My first question was, why is the place not an oven---it starts in summer, the dome makes it like the inside of a locked car...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Excellent point!

Re the fuel thing...in the book they covered that because Big Jim and some others were involved in making meth or something out by the radio station, which was run by a methhead and a nutty preacher. They had a HUGE store of propane or something there for the drug making, which could be used to fuel a lot of the town. There were also some "climate" effects.

My first question was, why is the place not an oven---it starts in summer, the dome makes it like the inside of a locked car...
    Sloppy exec producing + corporate greed --> sloppy writing --> stupid show (which could've been a great one-summer miniseries).
    Coco46 likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread