+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Re: Under The Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Any thoughts on the second episode?
    My thoughts were that we need more bedroom scenes with Barbie.

Otherwise, I like the mysteries of who killed Angie and what really happened to Junior's mother. Big Jim as a reformed man is truly terrifying. The teacher is a nutjob zealot who is certainly going to cause big problems. Normally I like Julia but her unfounded and unwavering insistence that the girl from the lake couldn't possibly have killed Angie was weird and creepy and I didn't think it quite fit with her character.

Final thought - the newly appointed deputy aka former town dj (and possible drug dealer? ) sure knows alot about police procedures and forensics!! Wow - what kind of training program do they have under that dome???

Only to say, I'm looking forward to Dwight Yoakum in the 3rd.
    Me too. although he looks disturbingly like Kane from the Poltergeist movies! Scary!!!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I was excited for the return of this show. I still am as to the direction things will take. The past 2 episodes seem to be transition episodes leading to this season's direction. I figure when it got renewed they had to decide: "What are we going to do now to keep this going?" Season 2 of a lot of shows is a lot different than Season 1 for this reason.

I agree that reformed Big Jim is terrifying. But still, the best character on the show.
    I just love having a Summer drama I actually look forward to watching.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm with Mia, more Barbie in bed!

This and Rookie Blue are my favorite summer scripted shows so far.
    MiaT2 and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Raise your hand if you wanted Lyle to take out the zealot teacher lady....

And the wedge between Barbie and Julia is driven further. I feel like she's lost some of her common sense from last season. She's the one character I think they've changed and I don't like it. I always felt she was the grounded one.

Loved the scene when Junior was trying to copy Barbie when they busted in on Lyle. I don't think there are any actual cops left alive - just those who have been deputized.

If the girl was someone who was killed circa 1988, wouldn't Sam and the older townspeople have some idea of her? I mean, 1988 was 26 years ago so an 18 year old would be about 44 now. In a small town with only 1 high school, anyone between the ages of 40 and 46 should have an inkling of who she is/was.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, at least they should be saying, you look a lot like a girl from my high school class who... died? moved away?...anyway, didn't stay in CM...I assume.

Can someone remind me....most of those butterflies were outside the Dome, right? but clustered on it on the outside? Then how did they get into the Dome in such numbers they could endanger the crops.

I'd certainly want to check out science teacher's numbers before I started cutting off food to the elderly....

Sam had a strange reaction when mystery girl showed up so I'm guessing the secret he and Lyle share is covering up her death. Not sure why Barbie looks familiar to her though since he's not from Chesters Mill.

Lyle seems a bit nuts so I'm not sure why Juniors mom told Junior to get answers from him.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show is really some kind of fascinating!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lyle seems a bit nuts so I'm not sure why Juniors mom told Junior to get answers from him.
    I'm guessing that he and Sam helped Junior's mom fake her own death so she could escape Big Jim. She dated Lyle before hooking up with Big Jim so I guess she trusted him. She didn't know he went all looneytunes in the subsequent years.

Also - Sam's comment to Big Jim - "I'm not about to let you die. Not yet anyway" What????

Can someone remind me....most of those butterflies were outside the Dome, right? but clustered on it on the outside? Then how did they get into the Dome in such numbers they could endanger the crops.
    This, I don't know. We also don't know if the butterflies from outside are the same ones from inside.

Also creepy - why does resurrected girl have a thing for Joe now? I'm sort of with Norrie on that.
    Women are Angels.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, leave Joe for Norrie... I get why Norrie is frustrated, new girl is prettier, helpless, all "feminine" while Norrie is more tough and resilient. It's frustrating because if that's what Joe wants she can't even begin to compete, it's not her, and here she thought he liked her style.

I don't think the new girl has a thing for Joe... she called him "sweetie". I don't know a single teen that calls their boyfriend/girlfriend sweetie. That sounds like something a mom would call a kid. Which kind of goes along with her being 44, not really 15/16. There is definitely an interesting story about her that's for sure. Not a fan of Jim and stuck up crazy science teacher. She's like the new Jim, her way or the highway. I don't get why Barbie is suddenly on the Jim bandwagon either.

Really cool that Jr's mom is still alive. Obviously there is something the three of them (her/Sam/Lyle) did 25 years ago that may have brought about what is happening now. Loved seeing Steven King on the show - LOL. He plays a really good diner

BTW - so happy to see Sherry Stringfield back on TV! She was so good in ER. I always thought she left the show too soon.
    shyra likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread