+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

FORT Newbie

Re: Under The Dome

I too had a lot of issues with Linda, but my husband made a point that she did take over for the last sheriff and Big Jim was the authority of the counsil for years. People are following his idea's and he has been a huge part of the community for years. These are reason's I can see why no one questions him or doubts him.
    I was irked with the final minutes of the cliff hanger episode. I seriously doubt anyone will be hung. I'm just waiting at this point to see Big Jim get his commupance.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    ... and Linda is an idiot when it comes to law enforcement, but . . . . . are we to believe their lives were really that "sheltered" before the Dome came down? It's like they NEVER had contact with the outside world.
    I spent my pre-teen and teen years in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Even with technology, modern communication, etc. -- yes, it's possible that they're *that* sheltered from the world outside their small-town borders. By choice.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hi farside-- to FORT! Sadly I think you will be waiting a couple of years for BJ's comeuppance---he's the main villian and I doubt they will kill him off early in the show's run (I think now renewed for a couple of summers since it was such a hit). Unless the aliens become the main villians somehow...

Add me to the list of those who were a little disappointed. I saw the cliffhanger coming before the show was even half over, & then nothing much really happened to advance the story from that point forward, until they pulled out the public lynching ciffhanger at the end. Even the whole pink stars, which weren't falling in lines, they were rising in lines, really didn't seem to be much except pretty.

As to the public lynching, that was a bit much to expect us to believe that the townspeople & sheriff would just stand there & accept that. No trial, no letting the accused (who had been somewhat of a town hero) give his side, just the word of a known bully with an at least shaky reputation, running the show.

Plus, a PUBLIC LYNCHING??????????? Really??????????? With no one jumping up & yelling "Waaaaaaiiiiiiittttt a minute here!"
    I'm just a little nobody, but if anyone here even suggested such a thing, much less tried to do it, I'd be raising Cain. Even if the person being lynched was tried, convicted, & even caught on camera committing the murders. You just don't do things like that in this day & age.

I thought that part was pushing the envelope ridiculously.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Yeah, there wouldn't be a show without Big Jim, he is the best actor and the most entertaining character.

This might sound kinda odd, but I've been finding myself interested in the side plots of the show more so than the actual main plot of the egg/butterfly.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just announced via Twitter (and probably other places too, but that's where I found it) . . . .

#UnderTheDome Adds 'CSI: NY' Star, Newcomer as Regulars for Season 2 'Under the Dome' Adds 'CSI: NY' Star, Newcomer as Regulars for Season Two @EddiePCahill @UnderTheDomeCBS

'Under the Dome' Adds 'CSI: NY' Star, Newcomer as Regulars for Season Two
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Just a reminder: New season starts Monday, June 30th!
    waywyrd, shyra, momrek06 and 1 others like this.

Just a reminder: New season starts Monday, June 30th!
    Yeah!

Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just announced via Twitter (and probably other places too, but that's where I found it) . . . .

#UnderTheDome Adds 'CSI: NY' Star, Newcomer as Regulars for Season 2 'Under the Dome' Adds 'CSI: NY' Star, Newcomer as Regulars for Season Two @EddiePCahill @UnderTheDomeCBS

'Under the Dome' Adds 'CSI: NY' Star, Newcomer as Regulars for Season Two
    Whoa...just as I was going to make a joke about the cliffhanger not normally being about an actual hanging...I read further in the article above....dum de dum dum...no one is safe!

I guess they can just keep on introducing new people...not as if we met everyone in a town of a couple thousand at least yet....
    momrek06 likes this.

Eddie Cahill's character is supposed to be a bit of an 'odd duck'. The UTD info I've read has him classified as The Recluse. It does not say where he's been hiding but it gives some continuity to the story line. I foresee him being a bit like Junior . . . . you wanna like him cuz he's kinda cute and then you start peeling back the layers and find a big boiling pot of crazy!
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread