+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Re: Under The Dome

Ok - so overall I thought it was a good finale. The fact that only a few weeks have passed in their time makes the show more believable for a second season. I liked that they wrapped up some things while introducing others.

The Junior/Big Jim relationship is really fascinating. Big Jim is terrifying - mainly because you absolutely know that if this happened in real life, there is going to be that one person who tries to gain control and power by manipulating situations. I mean, is Big Jim ever at a loss on how to spin something to his favor???

Linda has got to be the absolute worst law enforcement official ever. How did she pass the police test? Hasn't she heard of due process? Or maybe even that little word called evidence? Besides her believing every little thing Jim says and not asking for proof of Barbie's acts (she takes what she saw at the cement factory as proof for all the others?? C'mon.) , she's going to stand by and allow Jim to be judge, jury and executioner of a person by hanging??? She should be ashamed of herself.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wish they would show Linda having more doubts, but realizing she has to bide her time until she can get the townspeople with her. There have been moments when she's doubted Big Jim, but not nearly enough. In the book the policewomen were the only ones who took Barbie's side, and they risked a lot to do it.
    mesachick likes this.

There were a few things I didn't see as believable. The primary thing being the construction of the gallows. I can not see Phil, an African-American, not have some major concern about a gallows being built. Hangings of any type are a touchy subject in the African-American community. I also cannot see a hanging happen without ANY debate, concerns from people or anything else like that. Yes I can see people watching and lynch mob mentality but I can't believe, other then Julia and the kids there being NO opposition.

Yeah, there are some story lines here that are very weak. Since I haven't read the book, don't how much they follow Stephen Kings vision of the book. Linda is a complete imbecile and gives law enforcement a bad name.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

They lost sight of the book a few weeks ago lol. The hanging part, I agree, was written horribly. Some of the storyline from the book has been twisted into the complete opposite for the tv show. Lots of the stories on the show never existed in the book. Oh well - at least Stephen King explained why they chose this route.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Just watching on DVR now. Can Linda and Junior be killed off now? They're workin' my last nerve. (So...I'm guessing...no such luck...)

Commercial break: Oh, please! Yet another remake of Carrie?
    waywyrd likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Yeah, there are some story lines here that are very weak. Since I haven't read the book, don't how much they follow Stephen Kings vision of the book. Linda is a complete imbecile and gives law enforcement a bad name.
    They don't follow the book at all other than that both have a dome and a hero named Barbie. The reason for the dome is different, Barbie is in town for a totally different reason, etc. Oh yeah, Big Jim is bad in both. And there are drugs and propane in both but they play out totally differently.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fan

I thought this was one of the less interesting episodes of the season.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Just watching on DVR now. Can Linda and Junior be killed off now? They're workin' my last nerve. (So...I'm guessing...no such luck...)
    I can't decide which one is the biggest dumbass.

Other than that, good finale!
    Ellen and Coco46 like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Thought the ending was rather anticlimactic. I expected a fight (or at least a stuggle), perhaps a gun shot and a scream. The fade-to-black was kinda lame.

I want Big Jim to stick around, solely for the tension he brings. You can't have a good story without an antagonist . . . . . . . and, of course, you'll need a protagonist. There needs to be a better group of Good Guys. Right now, it's like 3 grown-ups - but only when Carolyn comes out of her bedroom - and 3 kids - because Junior can't decide which team he's on.

All those people in town and only 5 of them ACTIVELY question how Big Jim runs things? Say what?!?!

Yeah, yeah, I know . . . BJ has killed off a few (well, more than a FEW) and Linda is an idiot when it comes to law enforcement, but . . . . . are we to believe their lives were really that "sheltered" before the Dome came down? It's like they NEVER had contact with the outside world.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread