+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Under The Dome

The crowd listening to Big Jim inside the diner and outside the court house had a lot of new faces in it.

Previews for next week show a dark sky, a women clutching a Bible talking about Revelations and Barbie standing next to a noose. The cliffhanger is gonna be a doozie!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    The crowd listening to Big Jim inside the diner and outside the court house had a lot of new faces in it.

Previews for next week show a dark sky, a women clutching a Bible talking about Revelations and Barbie standing next to a noose. The cliffhanger is gonna be a doozie!
    I haven't seen a preview yet. but they can't fool me ... they won't kill off Barbie.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

They need to make some changes or this show will fade away.

I think I need to read the book!
    cablejockey likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Uh oh... darkening sky... the dome doesn't want Barbie hung!

echo, the book is good, but, as we said ad nauseum at the start of the show, aside from the set up and the NAMES of a few of the characters it is nothing like the show. Barbie is still the hero, but he's not the same Barbie..e.g., he isn't an enforcer for a bookie, doesn't kill "Julia's" husband, etc. just for a few starters you'll notice in the first couple of pages. But still a good read.

The show is good, but the book is so much better.
    waywyrd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree Echo . . . no way they can kill off Barbie. Julia is awake now & she remembers. She'll be the heroine and come to his rescue on the gallows . . . . but probably not until next summer!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I like the show ... but the character development is so shallow.

Nori's deceased Mom (Alice) was a Doctor and they killed her off. So now there are NO docs in town ... only a Nurse, a Candy Striper and Barbie with a pen?
    marauder and Coco46 like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I like the show ... but the character development is so shallow.

Nori's deceased Mom (Alice) was a Doctor and they killed her off. So now there are NO docs in town ... only a Nurse, a Candy Striper and Barbie with a pen?
    Yup. The book also had a decreasing # of medical professionals as I recall....

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I haven't seen a preview yet. but they can't fool me ... they won't kill off Barbie.

They can't kill him, he has to be available for Sons Of Anarchy!

So Julia is the Monarch but Barbie is also clearly important to the dome so I'm thinking the lever malfunctions or something.

And Linda is absolutely the most clueless person and worst choice of sheriff, which makes her perfect for Big Jim because he can easily manipulate her. Even when confronted with the mini dome she still acts like an idiot, trying to exert authority nobody really respects.

Are the aliens controlling the dome protecting them because they plan to attack the outside world? I might consider watching next season if it's the last but I don't think I can invest several seasons into them being trapped under the dome with the constant battle between Big Jim, Junior and Barbie. That has already worn thin this season. One or more of them would have to die or else it would just be same scenarios over and over. Barbie escapes, Barbie gets caught, rinse and repeat.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread