+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Under The Dome

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    The big question will be, is the purpose of the dome solely to protect the egg or to give the egg a food source when it hatches.

That could make things verrrrrrry interesting!

I'm liking Barbie more and more - even though he's now sleeping with the woman he made a widow. Even Junior has his moments.

Glad it was renewed, but Big Jim's water & propane hogging crocked toothed friend . . . . . little bit of him goes a looooong way. He can go now.
    FlyAKite likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Glad it was renewed, but Big Jim's water & propane hogging crocked toothed friend . . . . . little bit of him goes a looooong way. He can go now.

GOOD ONE!!!!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Little S&S - LOL!

The show is getting better. I watched this week's episode ondemand and cried at the birth and death. I knew where they were going with that when it started but as a mom I'm just a big softie about these things.

Hehhehehe Big Jim is no one to mess with. He's sly sneaky and crafty and anyone who thinks they're going to get one over on him better watch for the knife in their back.

Junior continues to be a fascinating character study. We can call it "Birth of a Sociopath"

And finally, am I the only one who felt a little ripped off that we only got the morning-after scene with Barbie and Julia????
    FlyAKite and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Ollie Dinsmore - that's his name. It's been brought up - on more than one occasion - that he used to be friends with Big Jim. I hope they get some backstory on why they now detest each other - there's gotta be more than the town taking some acreage from his farm. I'm gonna go ahead and guess now that it's about a woman, specifically the woman who ends up being mom to Junior. Wouldn't surprise me if the issue of paternity comes up along with it . . . . although Big Jim and Junior do seem to be cut from the same cloth. Next weeks previews say that the younger Rennie finds out info on his mom's death. It would be a perfect time to bring in all of my imaginings!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ooo, that may explain why it looks like he's siding with Ollie against his dad...that and having been kicked out of Big Jim's house.

An She Rolls ON!!!! Like the way your mind is working!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am enjoying this show - but I agree it should have been one season or a mini series. How long can one show go on? Um... never mind...I just think of Pretty Little Liars - I don't think that show is ever going to end.
    I am not really complaining - I do Barbie!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I just watched last Monday's episode, & once again the writers just don't have both oars in the water.
    When the bomb went off, everyone outside the dome cleared out because of what happened: The bomb decimated all the land & everything on it, outside the dome. This left the land barren & burnt up looking.
    All of a sudden this week, every scene they showed of the perimiter of the dome showed green lush grass & trees, houses, etc., just like nothing at all had happened.

Why is this? Spontaneous regeneration? Even of buildings?

Continuity, people. It's your friend.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just watched last Monday's episode, & once again the writers just don't have both oars in the water.
    When the bomb went off, everyone outside the dome cleared out because of what happened: The bomb decimated all the land & everything on it, outside the dome. This left the land barren & burnt up looking.
    All of a sudden this week, every scene they showed of the perimiter of the dome showed green lush grass & trees, houses, etc., just like nothing at all had happened.

Why is this? Spontaneous regeneration? Even of buildings?

Continuity, people. It's your friend.
    Granted, I know nothing about how explosions on that scale might work, but I thought the devastation was concentrated in the area of the missile hit, and because the dome is so big, other areas around the dome weren't impacted.

I'm enjoying the multi layered character development of Big Jim in the series as opposed to how he was portrayed in the book.

I'm not too keen on this being a regular series rather than a summer mini series though. If it's drawn out more than one additional season, I'm pretty sure I'll drop it and just wait for the last episode to wrap up the storyline.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

This show is FUN!!!

+ Reply to Thread