+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Under The Dome

Re: Under The Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    From the Facebook page of TV GUIDE MAGAZINE:

This just in: Under The Dome On CBS has been renewed for a second season. The Stephen King series will return next summer with 13 episodes, and King will write the season premiere.
    Wow. I do like the show but like a short novel, it should be done in one shot. So many of our favorite shows are getting cancelled and this gets a pass.... must be pennies to produce!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Darn, this was actually why I liked the show. An intriguing summer show with a succinct ending.
    Coco46 likes this.

I think they are trying to milk this for all its worth. Unfortunately, they might kill it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Stephen King seems to be onboard for the renewal, so if he's in, I'm in too!

CBS Renews Under The Dome, Brings In Stephen King to Write Episode
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

So I finally caught up from last week and this week's episodes. Like some of you, I kept asking - How is there wind???? Anyway, the mob scene was hard to watch. Sadly, that is probably an accurate depiction of what would happen. '

Regarding Angie - She continues to be so idiotic I want to kill her myself. Everytime she opens her mouth, she sticks her foot in it.

The water issue was so contrived. Big Jim should have just told Ollie that he was going to tell the town where the water was and let the mob deal with him.

So, it's not hard to see the evolution of Junior's psyche. He was likely a sensitive child with a domineering and verbally abusive father. The only person who showed him love was his mother and once he lost her, that protection from his father was gone too. Due to his sensitivity, he was probably eager to please. But not having the same ruthlessness as his father, would always have been found lacking. The constant struggle for any type of familial acceptance would eventually break him. Sad really. And clearly, I watch too many profiling shows. :p

And finally, I can't blame Julia for going after Barbie. He is hot hot hot! Mrowr! Of course, they're probably setting up a betrayal plot line for her to find out the truth about her husband, after she started shacking up with him.

I too would have preferred this to a be a 1-season show. Without resolution, I know I will become bored by the endless contrivances to drag things out.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

After the book it is bizarre to find myself rooting for Big Jim, but his enemies on the show are even worse than he is..... Glad Angie and her brother finally reconnected.
    I can see why Norie is too upset to tell anyone about the dome center, but why isn't her boyfriend telling anyone? Surely not because he's worried his girlfriend will leave town if it is lifted?

Looks like a showdown between Junior and Big Jim next week...

I guess I'll have to catch the remaining episodes somewhere because I no longer have CBS. I was really getting into this show too! I never read the book so this is all very new to me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Based on last nights episode I can tell where they are going. Obviously the thing in the inner dome is an egg. My bet is that an alien wanders the galaxy to find a place to put their eggs. The put the egg under two domes to protect the egg. The screaming that was over all radio waves when the missile attacked was because the "egg" or the dome itself was afraid, the kids touching the dome calmed it down. Since the purpose of the dome is to raise the egg, the pregnant woman touching the dome caused her pregnancy to progress a little faster then it should. The big question will be, is the purpose of the dome solely to protect the egg or to give the egg a food source when it hatches.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow, marauder! You are "at it"!! Very interesting!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's a great solution, marauder! I definitely like it better than the one in the book.

For those who've lost CBS, do you also lose CBS shows On Demand? There's also some online thing (Aereo) that I was just reading about in yesterday's NY Times (Mon.) in the Arts section---where you can get CBS shows.... The point of the article was that Time Warner was telling people how to work around CBS...but the author was pointing out that if people learn to do that they won't need Time Warner either--how stupid it was that CBS were at odds with each other instead of banding together against their common enemy, the computer.
    Last edited by PWS; 08-06-2013 at 12:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread