BROADCAST HISTORY:
    6/23/13 - ???

new this summer (yet to premiere)

TIME SLOT:
    sundays from 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST

CURRENT SEASON:
    1 (13 episodes)

DESCRIPTION:
    (from Lifetime's press release, April 2013) Lifetime will premiere its highly-anticipated new drama Devious Maids, executive produced by Marc Cherry (Desperate Housewives) and Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives), on Sunday, June 23, at 10PM ET/PT. The ensemble all-star cast, Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty), Dania Ramirez (Entourage), Roselyn Sanchez (Without a Trace), Edy Ganem (Livin' Loud) and Judy Reyes (Scrubs), portray five maids with ambition and dreams of their own while working for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. In Devious Maids, murder and mayhem collide in the mansions of Beverly Hills' wealthiest and most powerful families. Class warfare has never been as fun and dirty as it is in the tony enclave where the staff is as clever, witty, outrageous and downright devilish as their employers. Whoever holds the dirt holds the power, and before the season is over, illicit affairs will be revealed and deep dark secrets exposed as we learn the sordid details behind a shocking murder of a beloved housemaid.
    You can watch a sneak peek of the premiere episode on Comcast's On Demand. I watched about the first 5 minutes and it was good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Devious Maids (LIFETIME)

Just saw a review ... basically said the "maids" were hot and the colors were bright and vibrant but the "upstairs" people were cardboard cut outs---that even Susan L. seemed to be playing a parody of Erica Kane. Be interesting to see what FORT thinks of it!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Just saw a review ... basically said the "maids" were hot and the colors were bright and vibrant but the "upstairs" people were cardboard cut outs---that even Susan L. seemed to be playing a parody of Erica Kane. Be interesting to see what FORT thinks of it!
    I watched the entire premiere last night. I think this is already based on a novel or novella. It was fun especially for some light summer entertainment.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think I read it was based on a telenovela, from Spnaish TV.

I read the same thing, PWS.

I watched the pilot On Demand and I agree with bearcata that it may be light summer fun entertainment, especially with all the dark content going on in a lot of my favorite summer shows. I did think that the characters were complete, unoriginal prototypes and the storytelling needs work. I found every part of the episode to be totally predictable with no surprises at all.

I do enjoy Ana Ortiz' work and her character may make this show for me as Rumpy does with OAUT. Her reveal at the end, though no surprise, was well acted. No other character is drawing me in yet except perhaps the Russian assisant a little bit.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I heard some comments somewhere about it being all hispanic maids. Is that true?

I enjoyed it. Emmy worthy? No way. But like Cherry's Housewives (first season anyway) it's a satire and supposed to be over the top. I don't imagine we're meant to think too deeply about what's going on. As for surprises, true, no big shocker's - so far I knew the "new" maid had an agenda - but I assumed she was a reporter or an undercover cop. I was surprised she turned out to be the bartender's mom. And they've set the stage for several side stories and secrets to be revealed. Taken at face value for entertainig summer fluff, it fits the bill for me And yes Debb, all the maids are Hispanic.
    dzigner likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Newbie

If you missed the premier on Sunday, you can stream the entire episode here deviousmaids.ca

I found it devilishly entertaining and highly recommend watching it

PWS
    FORT Fogey

to FORT, BibBity!

I really enjoyed the premiere and will keep it on the DVR for the summer along with Mistresses and Drop Dead Diva!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast