+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Devious Maids (LIFETIME)

Re: Devious Maids (LIFETIME)

I don't know about wealthy or not, but she definitely comes across as an educated woman and one with a good working brain.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

just checked out the premier - it was entertaining. abt to watch ep 2 now.

i was thinking the same thing. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

Bearcata, I found myself wondering if Susan Lucci's character is really being all that helpful or if she's just setting Valentina up for a fall. The character seems much too self-centered to me to want to share her son with another woman. Just guessing, of course; I could be entirely wrong.

Anyone still watching? I am loving this....it's true campy, soapy, fun! And it just keeps getting better as more layers are revealed. I am definitely seeeing more and more of the over the top Cherry stamp of DH season one. When Odessa used her fake leg to clock Carmen's not-quite-ex husband I was rolling!
    prhoshay likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I've about given up on this show. Every done to death story line is being used and there is no originality for me. I have yet to be surprised and there hasn't been one plot point I haven't seen coming way in advance. I watch very little soap tv, but I'll stick with Mistresses for now.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

omg! i could NOT stand odessa up until that point!!!!!!

i can def see the DH influence and i love it! i miss that show so!

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Anyone still watching? I am loving this....it's true campy, soapy, fun! And it just keeps getting better as more layers are revealed. I am definitely seeeing more and more of the over the top Cherry stamp of DH season one. When Odessa used her fake leg to clock Carmen's not-quite-ex husband I was rolling!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I guess I'm the only one still watching. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it as a replacement for DH but the characters and their stories have grown on me. I've enjoyed the humor mixed in with the drama making it a fun summer show.
    I knew that there was more to Marisol's character than her being the accused murderers mom. I like her and Rosie teaming up to expose the Powell's.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that Marisol was a cop, for sure! Never took her for a PhD. I am still watching and enjoying!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I'm still watching and LOVING every juicy minute!
    Trust Me!

I'm loving both this one and Mistresses Mistresses I think, is going for a more traditional night time soap style. This one, for me, is definitely like season 1 of DH...over the top, campy and very tongue in cheek. It really does hit every soap cliche like Florimel said - but I think that's the point. I'm enjoying the friendship between the maids, and I'm looking forward to when Carmen and Zoila learn Marisol's secret too. I love that Rosie is going undercover now (and not just under Spence's covers either ). I also enjoyed the scene between Zoila and Remi, while she was waiting for his dad to come and take him to rehab.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast