+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: King and Maxwell (TNT Mondays 10 PM)

King and Maxwell (TNT Mondays 10 PM)

Jon Tenney now follows Major Crimes with a much more interesting role as a retired Secret Service Agent turned PI/lawyer. Rebecca Romijn plays the same role as his partner. They have great chemistry as their scruffy agency ends up solving crimes that don't pay the rent, much less their newly adopted "accountant." I'm enjoying this show very much. As of this post, they have played out two episodes.

King & Maxwell - About the Show

In TNT's brand new scripted drama, King & Maxwell, Jon Tenney (The Closer) and Rebecca Romijn (X-Men) play private investigators Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, characters originally seen in the bestselling series of books by author David Baldacci, and developed for series by NCIS: Los Angeles creator, Shane Brennan.

Sean King (Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell (Romijn) aren’t your typical private investigators. Both are former Secret Service agents, and their unique skills – not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry – give them a leg up on conventional law enforcement. Maxwell is a former elite athlete who uses her brains, beauty and Beltway connections to solve cases. King's career in the Secret Service ended when the presidential candidate he was assigned to protect was assassinated, sending him on a downward spiral. Today, King has added a law degree to his arsenal of skills, allowing him to navigate the system in ways a typical private investigator never could. Along the way, King and Maxwell clash over everything, from her garbage-strewn car to his love of wine over beer.

King & Maxwell also stars Michael O'Keefe (Michael Clayton) and Chris Butler (The Good Wife) as F.B.I. Special Agents Rigby and Carter, who clash with King and Maxwell over their less-than-legal methods. In addition, Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy, TNT's Wanted) stars as Edgar Roy.

King & Maxwell is being produced by CBS Television Studios, in association with Shane Brennan Productions. Shane Brennan (NCIS: Los Angeles), who developed the series and penned the pilot, serves as Executive Producer, alongside Grant Anderson (Third Watch) and Chris Downey (Leverage.) Karen Spiegel (Absolute Power) serves as producer and David Baldacci as series consultant.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: King and Maxwell (TNT Mondays 10 PM)

I have the 2 episodes DVR'd and just haven't had a chance to sit and watch. Thanks for mentioning and recommending. I'll make an extra effort to make some time.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm planning to watch because I love Jon Tenney but haven't had time yet. Thankfully it's On Demand.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I, too, have them recorded to watch when I can. Much as I like Mary McConnell, I haven't been able to stay interested in Major Crimes, but I'll give this one a chance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I, too, have them recorded to watch when I can. Much as I like Mary McConnell, I haven't been able to stay interested in Major Crimes, but I'll give this one a chance.

I really liked The Closer and was willing to give Major Crimes a chance, but found the characters had changed too much from their original personalities and decided to ditch it. I will watch King and Maxwell for a couple more episodes and see how that goes. Love them in Baldacci's books!
    TripleGemini likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I like this show. Good chemistry between the stars.

I have never read the books (going on my TBR list ) but we are enjoying the show. There are some great comedic lines and a good amount of action plus some tension with the FBI guys. The tension with the FBIs reminded me a bit of the A-team.

I love King and Maxwell in Baldacci books. I was happy to see the series based on his books. I'm enjoying watching the show however, I think the chemistry between King and Maxwell is better in the books than on TV.
    TripleGemini and Coco46 like this.

I found Edgar to be the most interesting thing about the show
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Never read the books ... enjoy the show, the leads AND Edgar.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast