+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: King and Maxwell (TNT Mondays 10 PM)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: King and Maxwell (TNT Mondays 10 PM)

I'm *trying* to enjoy this show but I find it extremely formulaic... pacing and plot are predictable. The only reason I'm continuing is Ryan Hurst (Edgar). I loved him as Opie on Sons of Anarchy and this character is such a huge departure from that role - really shows off his versatility.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I agree Edgar is the best part of the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So last week, when we watched Sean watch the Ritter murder tape, I figured we weren't going to see Joan (because he said he was distracted by the sun in his eyes because he had lost his sunglasses, not by Joan on the elevator).

Guess who showed up this week? And Jon Tenney says that we'll be seeing more of her.

Meanwhile, Edgar analyzed the murder tape, and he's seeing problems with the lighting. So some slight tweaks to the original story (but I still like the show and I think they're finding their rhythm).

Liked this episode. Very, very slowly the scripts are improving. Still think Edgar is the best part of the series.

Now for the big question, the most important question: What the heck did Catherine Bell do to her face?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This is becoming one of my favorites of the Summer. Me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'm *trying* to enjoy this show but I find it extremely formulaic... pacing and plot are predictable. The only reason I'm continuing is Ryan Hurst (Edgar). I loved him as Opie on Sons of Anarchy and this character is such a huge departure from that role - really shows off his versatility.
    For me, Opie was a departure. The first thing I saw RH in was Ladykillers with Tom Hanks where he was SUPER goofy. I'm enjoying him in this too. I miss him on SOA.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12