+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Longmire - A&E

Craig Johnson (author) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The A&E TV series Longmire, based on Johnson's novels, premiered on June 3, 2012.[1] Longmire debuted as A&E's #1 original-series premiere of all time with 4.1 million total viewers.[2]
    Season 2 has started and I figured I would start a separate thread for this show as we have been discussing it over on the "Non Reality Shows" thread subsection "Summer Shows 2013".

Comments about episode 2 - I can see why the son would dump the body in the compost heap he should have stripped off the clothing, burned them and buried the body a lot deeper in the pile and then conveniently lost the gun he used to shot the guy instead of putting it back under his moms mattress.

I do feel both the mother and son were victims. This is where I get angry at these hard core "Christians" who instead of preaching love and forgiveness, tell their daughter it was her own fault that she got raped and that their own grandson; the product of that rape, that they wanted nothing to do with him and that he would grow up be a rapist like his father. Who does that to a 12 yr old child? That is supposed to be Christian behavior?

If I was on that boys jury I would never ever convict him of murder.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

re: Longmire - A&E

I'm waiting for the election episode & what's gonna happen between Walt & The deputy when all is settled. I like the show.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Hubby gets the credit for finding this show last summer. I didn't think I'd like it, but it had LOU DIAMOND PHILLIPS and BAILEY CHASE in it, so I watched. I do enjoy it. If I had to complain about something, it would be the way they HINT at the 'back story' instead of giving us some actual detail. Now that the daughter is in Denver at a police station, maybe we'll get some insight into her mother's death.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Just started watching this on Netflix. I'm only on the 5th episode, but I'm really enjoying it. It seems to be really finding it's rhythm the past couple episodes.

Thanks to someone on these forums somewhere for suggesting this. I wish I could remember who and where so I could go thank the right person

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I miss Longmire's love interest this season, but I understand that the first two episodes didn't allow for it. Hopefully soon. Also looking forward to more of the election.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

There is something just sexy about the show to me. It makes me want to visit Wyoming, though I read the show is filmed in New Mexico. Still, beautiful country.

The backstory of Longmire and his wife's killer is a mystery, though, I gather from what the Denver Det. said that Longmire called their office everyday for weeks and then stopped. It was about that time that the suspected killer of the wife was murdered. I guess Longmire found the guy and killed him. Probably self defense.

What does Longmire's daughter do for a living? How can you just disappear from your job?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    There is something just sexy about the show to me. It makes me want to visit Wyoming, though I read the show is filmed in New Mexico. Still, beautiful country.

The backstory of Longmire and his wife's killer is a mystery, though, I gather from what the Denver Det. said that Longmire called their office everyday for weeks and then stopped. It was about that time that the suspected killer of the wife was murdered. I guess Longmire found the guy and killed him. Probably self defense.

What does Longmire's daughter do for a living? How can you just disappear from your job?
    Lawyer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm hoping the storms we are having move out of here over the next 2 hours or I'll miss the show tonight. Satellite keeps going out.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It looks as if it might have been Henry who killed the man who murdered Longmire's wife. Longmire doesn't really know what happened, though the Denver detective is after him. What I don't get is why the Denver detective is so hellbent on prosecuting the husband of the murder victim. The guy murdered her in a terrible way, but he now wants to go after the sheriff, who he believes took the killer out. I know, revenge is not legal, however, don't you think the detective may have some more pressing cases with really dangerous killers to go after?

I had to Wiki Robert Taylor because he didn't look familiar to me. I found he's another of those Aussies who manage to dump the accent and sound authentically North American. I like him a lot. Last night he made reference to "being involved" with someone. So Uncle D, I think the love interest will be around this season and I agree that it makes his character more interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast