+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Re: Longmire - A&E

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree that obvious things should be considered by the writers. I can buy your story, but don't insult my intelligence. That's my motto. But, with Longmire, Walt, Henry and Branch are so hot that I'll suffer through most any script to watch them! lol

Did you know that Henry, Lou Diamond Phillips used to be married to Melissa Etheridge's former female partner? She left Melissa and is now married to a man again.

I also read that Lou Diamond has run into domestic violence problems in his personal life. I hope he's learned something from the experience.

Totally, Yeah that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

razorbacker if we didn't like the show we wouldn't watch it or comment here.

I just finished watching the show again but this time On Demand. The episode holds together much better when it runs in 45 minutes versus 60 minutes. But I did understand why the teeth didn't make any sense. The next to last scene in the episode is Walt talking to Detective Big Chip On His Shoulder in Walt's office. The Detective opens up a medicine bag and pours out 2 teeth on to Walt's desk saying that dental records have identified the teeth found in the medicine bag are from the dead drug addicts. Here is what doesn't make sense that the Detective had to have sent the medicine bag and other evidence to Denver and have it processed. From what we see in the show this all happened in the same day. Absaroka County is supposed to be located near Sheridan, Wyoming. Sheridan is a 6 hour drive from Denver. Even without knowing that we are supposed to believe that the officers gathered all this evidence and delivered to Denver and the forensics team jumped right on it and processed these teeth in mere hours then returned the medicine bag and the teeth back to the Detective so he can use it while questioning Walt. Oh, the episode clearly showed Hector gathering 2 teeth in case there was any question that there were more teeth.

Yeah, most dental record indentification is by the x-rays on the entire mouth. Something you couldn't get from two separate teeth. However, I have seen that some dentist put numbers on their dental implants for ID purposes. Yeah, like a street drug dealer would have that kind of dental work done. It's very far fetched and I hope the writers get hell about it and put some real thought into their scripts. I can swallow a lot with storylines, if I care about the characters and like the storylines, but don't insult my intelligence. That's all I'm saying.

ID through dental records FYI:

Forensic Science | Dental Matching

At the scene of the crime, odontologists collect the skull or remaining teeth, which are taken back to the forensic laboratory for the postmortem dental investigation. X-rays are taken and if the jaw is completely intact and the dental records used to compare are recent, the job of proving a match is a relatively simple one. Dentists mark on a chart the position of missing teeth, crowns, bridges, fillings, caps, root canals and various other treatments during a patient's routine check-up. The task of identifying a victim is made more difficult when the dentist records and x-rays are out of date or when the skull is severely damaged and has parts missing.

Where no dental x-rays are found, full-face x-rays are sometimes used as an alternative record, as the sinuses present above the nose have a unique shape in every person and can be used in the accurate identification of a victim. If no dental, face or x-ray records are present, the ability to make decisions about the victim's identity is very restricted, but other guidelines are useful. Some of these guidelines include the tooth roots becoming more transparent in older people and the stage of development of a child's teeth can determine their age. The teeth's pattern of wear in adult's show the person's age, diet and the materials/dentistry techniques used during dental treatment, which can point out the country in which treatment was received

Yay - Renewal!!!!

For the record, just because I nitpick some parts of this show, doesn't mean that I don't love it. This show is an example of how a great cast can really make a show transcend any issues with suspension of disbelief.

I loved the scene with Walt riding across the prairie and the spiritual new age music playing in the background.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Yes, watching Walt, Henry and Branch is worth putting the problems with the show aside. It would be nice if the writers could do some due diligence though. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to just think things through. A paid consultant in LE wouldn't be a bad investment if they don't have the proper background.

The show has just been picked up for a 3rd season.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

I'm not sure why, but I was assuming it was. I think it's a great new show and I really look forward to another season. I want them to move past that Denver investigation once and for all. I'm done with it. I don't even care who murdered Longmire's wife's murderer. lol
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.

Yay! I just saw a preview! It's back in June! Yay!

+ Reply to Thread