+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Re: Longmire - A&E

I do think that the teeth were in the medicine bag which the Rez police chief removed from Harry's office. But the thing we kept asking was - How does the Denver detective have juridiction to execute a search warrant against a law officer in another state? I thought the FBI would need to be involved in that. Also, I question the legality of being able to remove official police files from a police station in the name of that warrant. And finally, from watching an awful lot of Law & Order, I would have thought that a judge would have needed a heck of a lot more evidence than an unreliable drug drealer's eye witness statement.

I did think that Walt did a good job in his facedown with the detective. He didn't give anything away or admit to anything and frankly, the detective was frightening in his vehemence in projecting the angst of his youth onto Walt.

The clifhangar of course, is not only what is going to happen to Henry (although even there I question the lack of evidence for a successful prosecution) but also, will Branch survive? (I hope so as he is growing on me) and who is the real killer of Walt's wife. A smaller continuation will be what the truth behind that burned guy and who shot Branch.
    Punkin and Uncle David like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Oh certainly MiaT2, the whole search warrant for a law enforcement officer's office based on the word of drug dealer was bizarre and unbelievable. And the Denver detective would have no jurisdiction in another state. He would have to go through another agency or the attorney general's office. But, they fly pretty loose with the details on this show, so I try to not let it bother me. I do think it would enhance the show if the writers would let some truth into their procedural details.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    He played Chris Hughes (the all grown up version). Chris was the son of Dr. Bob & Kim.

It seemed like the 'results' came back very quickly - too quickly if you ask me - and I think Denver Detective is bluffing about who they belonged to,
    but . . . . . . unless Henry Standing Bear is the Native American equivalent of the Tooth Fairy, it doesn't answer the question of why he had someone's teeth in a pouch in his office.
    That bothered me too and I immediately thought they might be lying since when was the last time an unemployed, homeless drug addict went to his dentist on a regular basis? and that being said did he even have that many teeth left?
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Good point. How could they have conducted any DNA test on the teeth that fast? Naaaaaay. I hope they get more realistic next season.

Much to the disappointment of the nitpicky, the show has been picked up for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Much to the disappointment of the nitpicky, the show has been picked up for another year.
    It's not so much being nitpicky as the writers making assumptions. In regards to the teeth. I have 2 co-workers (male) who have not seen the dentist in over 20 yrs and they are proud of the fact. If they lost their jobs and wondered homeless for a couple of years and died several states or cities from where they originally lived while working how in the heck would the police be able to find their dental records? Unless you as a family member are paying the bills you would not be able to identify the dentist. The writers were not clear if they were identifying the teeth through dental records or using DNA testing.

Alternative Specimen (Hair, Teeth, Fabric) DNA Test - Health Street

Teeth DNA Test

DNA can also be extracted using teeth in cases where other parts of the body are not intact, diseased or available for testing.This is typically done postmortem, and it can take more than two weeks to find out the results of a DNA tests using a tooth.
    - See more at: Alternative Specimen (Hair, Teeth, Fabric) DNA Test - Health Street
    This is a quote from a private lab, the Denver Police are using their labs and procedures and I am sure a huge backlog of cases so for the Denver Chip On His Shoulder Detective to claim he has results that quickly is an out right lie. That is not being nitpicky that is an example of lazy writing.
    Little Sew&Sew and Debb70 like this.

Regardless, lazy writing or not, lot of folks seem to want to take all the fun out of a FICTIONAL show by picking it apart with a fine tooth comb. In all honesty you could do that with every show on TV but why watch? If the criteria i's exactitude stick to the Biography channel or National Geographic.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Regardless, lazy writing or not, lot of folks seem to want to take all the fun out of a FICTIONAL show by picking it apart with a fine tooth comb. In all honesty you could do that with every show on TV but why watch? If the criteria i's exactitude stick to the Biography channel or National Geographic.
    I know many TV shows have unrealistic timelines; CSI being a prime example, I can let some stuff go, but when it is so obvious and plot jarring and doesn't make that much sense is when I will make comments and that is why I cry lazy to both the writers, producers and editors. Other shows do the same thing they just do it better so the show runs seamlessly and you don't really notice the impossible timelines.

I agree that obvious things should be considered by the writers. I can buy your story, but don't insult my intelligence. That's my motto. But, with Longmire, Walt, Henry and Branch are so hot that I'll suffer through most any script to watch them! lol

Did you know that Henry, Lou Diamond Phillips used to be married to Melissa Etheridge's former female partner? She left Melissa and is now married to a man again.

I also read that Lou Diamond has run into domestic violence problems in his personal life. I hope he's learned something from the experience.

Perhaps, some of the plot holes or shoddy writing you guys keep mentioning could be addressed in future episodes. After all there were cliff hangers for every member of the cast with the exception of Ferg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast