+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

re: Longmire - A&E

I'm not sure how they could have this show without Walt being the Sheriff. I wouldn't mind if Branch won initially but there would have to be some mechanism to get Walt back.

The scenes with the detective and the long running arc about who killed the wife's killer is beginning to bore me. I too like Henry just where he is (had some Chavez flashbacks when he was helping Walt with the horse!! ).

I did like this week's case about the illegals, the rodeo and the farm.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm not sure how they could have this show without Walt being the Sheriff. I wouldn't mind if Branch won initially but there would have to be some mechanism to get Walt back.

The scenes with the detective and the long running arc about who killed the wife's killer is beginning to bore me. I too like Henry just where he is (had some Chavez flashbacks when he was helping Walt with the horse!! ).

I did like this week's case about the illegals, the rodeo and the farm.
    Me too, I would not be surprised if some of the big agribusiness did exactly what they did in this episode. We fought a civil war in this country because of slavery (and other issues) and yet here we are in the 21st century and yet there seems to be more and more human trafficking, how sad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

July 29, 2013 - Tuscan Red

Liked this episode, who knew such prejudice existed on the Rez, felt really bad about the wife and that she was not allowed to bury her own husband and that the tribe did not recognize her marriage. Did they even allow her to see her husband's body?

August 05, 2013 - Election Day

After all the hoopla about the election and it being a huge bone of contention for two seasons between Branch and Walt it was only this little tiny bit of subplot through out the episode. The question is who cut Cady's tire? Probably the best episode plot wise so far.

I thought last night was a great episode. It points out just how small jobs are when compared to the ones we love in our life. I don't think it was defeat that caused Branch to check out, but the pain of Cady being so ill. Upthread I posted that I wish Cady would leave the show, because she annoys me. For a minute, I thought I had gotten my wish. She looked dead lying there on that ground.

I'm in a rush now for an appointment, but intend to return here later to discuss more. That last scene was wild! What's going on?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I loved the election outcome reveal!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

When Branch was in the garage and standing by a car with a dent in it, who's car was it? Where was he?

Did you notice that ice pick being using in the first few seconds when the show came on? Was that the weapon used to puncture the tire?

What did Walt want to do that Henry didn't agree with? What was he doing standing in that field?

I thought it was a very well done episode. One of the best of the series. The tension was high and sustained throughout the entire episode.

Branch is growing on me. I like him a lot better when he's not snarkily trying to undermine Walt.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    When Branch was in the garage and standing by a car with a dent in it, who's car was it? Where was he?
    I believe the car was Cady's! Walt's daughter! It was probably in what serves as an impound for the police.

Did you notice that ice pick being using in the first few seconds when the show came on? Was that the weapon used to puncture the tire?
    It's possible the ice pick was used, but I doubt it. If it was then the bartender would have been the culprit. I'm not sure it was the instrument used on the tire because the injury to the tire looked more like a slash than a puncture. We'll see!

What did Walt want to do that Henry didn't agree with? What was he doing standing in that field?
    Henry didn't want Walt to go through an Indian ritual. We first saw this ritual as a rite of passage in the movie 'A Man Called Horse'. In the movie we see the hero John Morgan's pectoral muscles pierced and then bone (or teeth) were passed through the muscle. Then straps were attached to the bone/teeth and Morgan was hung by his chest. In this episode I felt we were led to believe that the ritual is for cleansing, not as a right of passage. Still, we see Walt's chest pierced, bone passed through the muscle, then straps are attached to the pole in the ground.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I loved the election outcome reveal!

While it's good (okay, maybe great!) that Walt won the election, results THAT close (17 votes) might just demand a recount.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I believe the car was Cady's! Walt's daughter! It was probably in what serves as an impound for the police.

It's possible the ice pick was used, but I doubt it. If it was then the bartender would have been the culprit. I'm not sure it was the instrument used on the tire because the injury to the tire looked more like a slash than a puncture. We'll see!

Henry didn't want Walt to go through an Indian ritual. We first saw this ritual as a rite of passage in the movie 'A Man Called Horse'. In the movie we see the hero John Morgan's pectoral muscles pierced and then bone (or teeth) were passed through the muscle. Then straps were attached to the bone/teeth and Morgan was hung by his chest. In this episode I felt we were led to believe that the ritual is for cleansing, not as a right of passage. Still, we see Walt's chest pierced, bone passed through the muscle, then straps are attached to the pole in the ground.
    Here I was rushing home so I could respond to Debb70's post and you beat me to it.

+ Reply to Thread