+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Re: Longmire - A&E

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Right. hat he And somewhere in there Ridges is on a quest to take downve Branch, who was supposed to be the next sheriff. So convoluted, IMO. And Branch's dad was a successful businessman. It's difficult to belietcouldn't have come up with a better scheme to win his son the sheriff's seat than to kill his cancer stricken wife. (Oh, no one knew she had cancer right?)

Like I said, I really hope they move on from all that stuff and I pray the new material is better.
    It's not so much that David Ridges in on a quest to take down Branch. I don't think he cares whether or not Branch is sheriff. Ridges did a job and is now covering his tracks. At this point if Branch is found dead it's going to be put down to misadventure not murder. Ridges was doing a great job of gaslighting Branch and making him look like a nutjob to everyone around him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, according to Nighthorse, Ridges really did get caught up and believed in the ghost warrior story. He wanted to take Branch's spirit, mind and soul. Ridges actually told Branch that. So, it was something more than just taking him out quickly to thwart the investigation. That whole thing seems odd and nonsensical, IMO. It's like the writers wrote unrelated stories on darts and through them up to see which ones would stick, even though they weren't related. I'm glad it's over and we can hope next season is stronger.

Well, according to Nighthorse, Ridges really did get caught up and believed in the ghost warrior story. He wanted to take Branch's spirit, mind and soul. Ridges actually told Branch that. So, it was something more than just taking him out quickly to thwart the investigation. That whole thing seems odd and nonsensical, IMO. It's like the writers wrote unrelated stories on darts and through them up to see which ones would stick, even though they weren't related. I'm glad it's over and we can hope next season is stronger.

I don't think I would believe everything Jacob Nighthorse says. He basically threw Ridges under the bus to save himself as far as asking where he was. While I do believe both men honor their traditions I also think they would use them to gain their ends. David Ridges was pysching Branch out big time and that was causing problems with the investigation. Two problems one stone.

I do think Ridges was caught up in the warrior thing. For example, when he attacked Walt on the horse. It was like he was possessed. He was oblivious that Walt had a gun and could shoot him. He seemed to not believe he was fallible.

Oh, I have another question. Who disappeared with Walt's truck? Someone took off with Walt's truck when he went to look for Ridges. It seemed to be Branch, but we know it wasn't Branch, (whose car had given out of gas), because later after Walt finds his truck, he passes Branch on the road walking. Ridges didn't take it, because he appears on a horse a couple of seconds after the truck drives away. Ridges is killed by Walt. Walt's truck has disappeared. The next episode Walt is back in his truck and driving with Ridges' body in the back and he passes Branch on the road. So who took the truck and where did Walt find it? Odd and nonsense, IMO. lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-13-2014 at 07:30 AM.

I do think Ridges was caught up in the warrior thing. For example, when he attacked Walt on the horse. It was like he was possessed. He was oblivious that Walt had a gun and could shoot him. He seemed to not believe he was fallible.

Oh, I have another question. Who disappeared with Walt's truck? Someone took off with Walt's truck when he went to look for Ridges. It seemed to be Branch, but we know it wasn't Branch, (whose car had given out of gas), because later after Walt finds his truck, he passes Branch on the road walking. Ridges didn't take it, because he appears on a horse a couple of seconds after the truck drives away. Ridges is killed by Walt. Walt's truck has disappeared. The next episode Walt is back in his truck and driving with Ridges' body in the back and he passes Branch on the road. So who took the truck and where did Walt find it? Odd and nonsense, IMO. lol
    That is one confusing mess and I blame the writers, it didn't make any sense with the way the writers set up the timeline. At this point I figure it must have been The Tooth Fairy or Coyote trying to mess with poor human minds.
    Debb70 likes this.

If the disappearing truck was the only problematic thing, it would be one thing, but it was just one in many and that's what I find frustrating. But, it's water under the bridge. I'm looking forward to NEW writers and a new direction next season. If that doesn't happen, then I think it's the end of the line for me and Longmire. And I pray that doesn't happen, because I LOVE Walt.

The show has been cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The show has been cancelled
    Really?

Well this season was all over the place.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Well that's depressing. I know this season wasn't great but i think there was room for growth still. I'm curious what the ratings were vs last season.

And no more Branch
    Punkin likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

It is being shopped elsewhere.. I hope it can be saved, it had a lot of growth if they could pin down an idea and stick with it.. and dump Vic.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread