+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Re: Longmire - A&E

Yeah. It seems that this season's theme is Vick interrupting Walt to go to a crime scene. I guess the writers believe this is some how amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah. It seems that this season's theme is Vick interrupting Walt to go to a crime scene. I guess the writers believe this is some how amusing.
    It's not.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

When I only saw a bit here and a bit there this episode seemed horrible but now that I just watched the entire thing from beginning to end it is much better, probably the best episode so far; but that is with the caveat that I haven't really been impressed with the season so far.

Episode 4 - In The Pines - 06/23/14

Sorry, big backstep in the writing and acting and casting ... it sucked.

First of all the young troubled youths ... all looked as if they were in their late twenties early thirties and all I could think of are you all still living in your parents basement and this was a last dig effort to get you some life skills so you can leave.

I can't believe Walt hauled that girl up the cliff without checking to see if she had any spinal damage and he didn't immobilize her neck or back. When he was strapping her to his back with the extra handcuffs all I could think of was "he has crippled her".

Every one seems bored with the show and the script ... there is no acting ... Ruby felt flat and Walt's reaction to her comment was only intense because of the music.

My biggest WTF moment was when Branch shot the rabbit (I was thinking "what did that little ol' rabbit do to you") then the see him drip his blood all over the rabbit's body and snip off some of his (Branch's) hair and leave it on the rabbit and then burn everything I was thinking someone has gone wackadoodle. He did all of this to get a DNA test that said it was a match for the dead Indian's DNA. Just how does that work????? So if all of us did that our DNA would match the dead Indian's DNA?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-25-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

no, the DNA was his. He said it matched his.. he was trying to prove that it could be done.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I guess my expectations were too high for this season. Did they lose their old writers? I'm not sure what happened, but it's just not coming together the way I had hoped.

I don't really care about the dead man who tried to kill Branch. That storyline is just not amusing for me.

I'm way over the unfair prosecution of Henry for the murder of the man who killed Walt's wife. Henry is being wasted with this storyline.

I have ZERO interest in Walt and Vick getting romantic. (I guess that will happen now that Vick's husband is leaving her.)

I see no reason this couldn't still be a great show. Just poor writing, IMO.

Here's a link that shows the novels this show is based on. Has anyone read them? I think I might check them out. I've read the show is loosely based on the novels.

The Walt Longmire Mystery Series: The First Four Novels by Craig Johnson | 9781101633656 | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-25-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    no, the DNA was his. He said it matched his.. he was trying to prove that it could be done.
    I went back and rewatched the episode. Basically, Branch did the entire ritual to prove that it was his DNA that was found originally at the site of David's murder. This is still confusing as didn't they identity the first batch of evidence as this David persons DNA? But Branch just proved that is was his DNA. So the lab can't do their job right or someone tampered with the first DNA results???

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I took it to be that he did the ritual to prove that he (Branch) , still being alive, could prove that the DNA in the ashes (assumed he was the one burned) matched his. In the end saying the person he felt shot him that is said to be dead is not really dead. He is alive and the ashes taken form the crime scene (or Ferg's boots) mean nothing in proving that David is dead and could not have been the one that shot him.

Long, confusing, story short... the First DNA that was proven to be Davids (and by "default" proved that David is dead and can not have been the one to shoot him) is a moot point because Branch proved that he can supply DNA that match his own. And that being said, since he (Branch) is still alive could also mean that David is still alive. Branch only proved that the 2nd DNA sample matched his own, the first one was a match for David. Didn't Walt tell him upon hearing about the 2nd DNA sample basically he found out what Walt already knew, the 1st sample was Davids? There upon, Branch said no.. the second sample matched his own DNA?
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

All I got out of it was the the initial DNA sample that was identified as Dead Dave's was a match to Branch's, proving that the first and second DNA samples were both Branch's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    All I got out of it was the the initial DNA sample that was identified as Dead Dave's was a match to Branch's, proving that the first and second DNA samples were both Branch's.
    I think you got it mixed up. I believe the 1st DNA was the supposed dead guy that Branch claimed killed him. The 2nd DNA was Branch's. He did the 2nd one to prove that the 1st one could have been faked.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread