+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Re: Longmire - A&E

Yeah, I don't want to see Walt and Vick together. That would just ruin it, IMO. I like Walt's ex and wish she would return.

I also want Walt to get some respect. The guy has solved every murder that has occurred in his county for the last couple of years. Plus, he won a recent election. He's kind and helps those in trouble, but yet he gets no respect. Branch's dad treats him like trash and so do many others. Why is this? It's rather odd, IMO.

Of Children and Travelers - Season 3 - Episode 2 - June 9, 2014

Vic's sanctimonious attitude toward the foster parents and other in this episode really irritated me. Some kids you cannot help. Some adults you cannot help and the best thing to do for your sanity and your family and for your life is to let them go. Yes, rehoming kids sucks, but many parents are misled by foreign adoption agencies and given troubled kids and they really are not informed of the child's issues and backgrounds. It is not all black and white. Why are adoptive parents held to a higher standard then biological parents?

Save Henry!
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was too tired to fully appreciate the episode last night, plus, I felt asleep at some point. lol I'll have to rewatch it later. It's seemed pretty good though. I laughed when Walt told that lady he was checking his email! lol

I think this may have been my least favorite Longmire episode ever. It felt rushed, disjointed and just messy. I hated the whole intimations of the hotel bar/adjoining room scene. The case itself was messed up and confusing. Allowing Branch to be at work in his condition was absolutely ridiculous. The prison nonsense is beyond farfetched. I get that there are factions within a prison but to extend to the management of it? Please. There is no way a faction of incarcerated Natives is going to be running the show behind the scenes. And if so, why wasn't Walt getting into the Warden's face demanding answers.

I am willing to suspend a major amount of belief when watching shows but this one just pushed too many limits of believability.

Vic's sanctimonious attitude toward the foster parents and other in this episode really irritated me.
    Yes. Just because she may have been a troubled kid or even a foster in this country, doesn't mean that she has any clue about the reality of kids that come from overseas. Those kids have problems that we can't even begin to comprehend. It's exceedingly heartbreaking but extremely true. I don't agree with the concept of "rehoming" but can certainly appreciate the exasperation of the parents who do it.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I rewatched it and agree about the jail. They wouldn't be holding Henry in with prisoners who are in prison. THey hold you in a jail awaiting trial not a prison mixed in with convicted prisoners in general population. And why would the inmates be running the prison? It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't stand those crazy prison scenes. I wish they would just leave that out. I chalk it up to lousy writing. It's just plain dumb. Even a lame writer would know better than that. If they keep it up, this may be my last season. Too bad, because I love the show.

I also wasn't crazy about the interest they tried to generate with Walt and Vick. The sexual tension in the bar and hotel room.....just seemed creepy to me and something I do not want to see.
    Punkin likes this.

I have to agree with Debb70 the sexual tension or what have you was very off, very weird in this episode. They have done it much better in previous episodes. I still do not want to see Vic with Walt it's just yucky.

Also the entire Red Brotherhood controlling the jail, the guards, getting the defense attorney they chose off Henry's case and it looks as if next week the Judge is also against Henry. So all Indians hate Henry because he is friends with Walt? That makes no sense and I hate it when they jerk the viewer around and waste our time with stupid plots and episodes. The entire point of summer shows is that they are short and sweet so use the few episodes to the point and write beautifully crafted stories not the junk that this episode showcases.
    MiaT2 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have to agree with Debb70 the sexual tension or what have you was very off, very weird in this episode. They have done it much better in previous episodes. I still do not want to see Vic with Walt it's just yucky.

Also the entire Red Brotherhood controlling the jail, the guards, getting the defense attorney they chose off Henry's case and it looks as if next week the Judge is also against Henry. So all Indians hate Henry because he is friends with Walt? That makes no sense and I hate it when they jerk the viewer around and waste our time with stupid plots and episodes. The entire point of summer shows is that they are short and sweet so use the few episodes to the point and write beautifully crafted stories not the junk that this episode showcases.
    Great post!

Miss Cheyenne - Season 3 - Episode 3 - June 16, 2014

I think the episodes are getting worse.

I wasn't impressed either. Walt's daughter needs some help. You wouldn't be covering up bruises obtained in prison for the judge, you would be pointing them out. Civil rights violation, cruel and unusual punishment, etc., She has lots of reason to get Henry out of that hell hole. It's too bizarre to even amuse me at this point.

So, are we to believe that Walt promised the guy running the prison that he would put a good word for him with the parole board? If the guy is so in charge around there, then why does he need help with the parole board? He's got the judge and the whole gang under his thumb, so why not the parole board too. So silly.

I still don't understand how the dead Native American is alive when most say he was killed and his body burned. ???

I couldn't understand Vic walking through all the girls dancing to get to Walt to tell him they had a body. Any normal person would walk around where the people were standing watching. I was surprised one of them didn't yell at her for interupting the dance.

+ Reply to Thread