+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Longmire - A&E

Re: Longmire - A&E

I just had a difficult time trying to understand why the Denver Detective is so much more angry at a law enforcement officer, who lost his wife who was brutally murdered, rather than the monster who murdered her. Its boggles the mind that he would move heaven and earth to go after Walt and Henry. He didn't even have any evidence. It's a little difficult to swallow. Plus, he has no jurisdiction outside of Colorado. Odd.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just had a difficult time trying to understand why the Denver Detective is so much more angry at a law enforcement officer, who lost his wife who was brutally murdered, rather than the monster who murdered her. Its boggles the mind that he would move heaven and earth to go after Walt and Henry. He didn't even have any evidence. It's a little difficult to swallow. Plus, he has no jurisdiction outside of Colorado. Odd.
    Yeah, like who cares that the wife of a fellow law enforcement officer who is battling cancer gets mugged and killed. Lets not even try to find her killer but OMG her husband found him and killed the guy who killed his wife. Oh, how dare he, he must be brought to justice and made an example of. Let's also consider the worthwhile life of the drug addict who killed Longmire's wife was just looking to get money to score some more drugs while Longmire's wife, a housewife who obviously didn't contribute to society as much as the drug addict. So of course the drug addict's right to live are more important.

(yes, the above comment it not accurate as far as the plot really goes but it's the sentiment)
    Punkin, momrek06 and Debb70 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yeah, like who cares that the wife of a fellow law enforcement officer who is battling cancer gets mugged and killed. Lets not even try to find her killer but OMG her husband found him and killed the guy who killed his wife. Oh, how dare he, he must be brought to justice and made an example of. Let's also consider the worthwhile life of the drug addict who killed Longmire's wife was just looking to get money to score some more drugs while Longmire's wife, a housewife who obviously didn't contribute to society as much as the drug addict. So of course the drug addict's right to live are more important.

(yes, the above comment it not accurate as far as the plot really goes but it's the sentiment)
    EXACTLY. It's not good writing, IMO. I really think they could have came up with something more believable.
    momrek06 likes this.

Finally, saw the trailer only one more day.

Loving that LONGMIRE is back!

I forgot Gerald McRaney was on here! LOVED him in HOC!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I'm watching TV on Oceanic Time Warner this week and DH and I have been trying to find A&E here. Might have to watch from Comcast on my laptop. Drat.

As an aside, Time Warner internet is sloooow compared to my Comcast back home.

White Warrior - Season 3 - Episode 1 - June 2, 2014

Sewing up Branch with fishing line. Did that really help???

Peyote laced crow feather stuck in someone's guts. I have to try that sometime.

Obviously, we will be having the Murder of Walt's wife plot still continuing and now a secondary season long plot of Who Shot Branch.

Wonder how that would have gone over with Walt if Branch had succeeded in strangling Katie? Wonder if she will end up being Henry's lawyer? Will Henry ever get his $40,000 back from Dina? Why would you give your untrustworthy ex-girlfriend the combination to your safe?

OMG. What a night! While I really love this show, the writing is bizarre and not in a good way. Have they lost their minds? Because I love the show, the characters, the actors, the scenery, etc., I will suspend common sense and reason in order to enjoy the show, but do you think those writers are that dense that they don't think much through?

Sewing up a gunshot wound would not help the internal bleeding, which is the problem with a gun wound. And if the gunshots were through and through, as the doctor said, there would be bleeding from Branch's back too, not just the front. Oh well......lol

Henry is too smart to have given his ex the safe combination or not changed it later on. Kind of crazy.

The biggest insult was the jailer ordering the Sheriff out of the prisoner visiting room. WHAT? Law enforcment officers don't have time limits on visits with prisoners. They can talk for hours if necessary.

I hope the writers don't ruin this great show.

I think Walt is so sexy. Branch isn't bad either.

I'm glad they immediately repeated this first episode as I missed a lot in the first airing. The couple with us don't watch this show and wanted to check menus online for ordering dinner for delivery just as it was starting. All in all, great to see it back!

I liked it. It looks like a good season coming up as long as we don't have too much "courtroom" drama.

I kind of like how several of the subplots seem to be interlacing with each other.

And when I said "shirtless Branch", I didn't mean bloody shirtless Branch. Sheesh!

And also, I really hope they don't pursue a "thing" between Walt and Vic. His girlfriend intimated at it last season and she was awfully moony around him last night. I just don't think the show needs to veer into that soap-opera territory.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread