+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree478Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Mistresses

Starts next week on ABC, on June 4th I think. Stars Alyssa Milano. Since I like shows based on female friendships (Sex and the City, Lipstick Jungle, Cashmere Mafia et al) I'm looking forward to watching. Apparently some folks' feathers are already ruffled, claiming the show will glorify cheating. Either way, I'll be tuning in. ;
    prhoshay, Ellen and Dragonlady like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Re: Mistresses

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Starts next week on ABC, on June 4th I think. Stars Alyssa Milano. Since I like shows based on female friendships (Sex and the City, Lipstick Jungle, Cashmere Mafia et al) I'm looking forward to watching. Apparently some folks' feathers are already ruffled, claiming the show will glorify cheating. Either way, I'll be tuning in. ;
    Me too. It beats the bachelorette
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It wasn't Alyssa Milano that drew me in although I do think she's a good actress. It was Yunjin Kim, whom I've missed and who I think is an excellent actress.

The theme doesn't bother me. Cheating has been going on since the year Aleph and it will continue as long as our species does. Ignoring it in the arts won't change it.
    prhoshay, Ellen, Duxxy and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I want to see it. On the bolded, is this how they have described it or just what people think based on the title? Because from the previews I saw, I thought it was going to more be about the friendship of these 4 and the struggles that being a mistress involves - so more the "it's not all it's cracked up to be" angle.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Can't wait to see it. It looks awesome.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm on the fence... I'll give it a shot though.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Alyssa Milano was on Kelly and Michael's show this morning and they showed a clip. My local newspaper had a review and a blurb interviewing the actress from Lost. I had never seen that series and was not familiar with her. She said that for this new series the cast gets the weekly scripts via e-mail and that was a new concept to her b/c on Lost, there was a lot of secrecy going on involving the script. She also said she was drawn to this character as she was very unlike the character she portrayed on Lost. Looks promising; I'll try to remember to catch it (no DVR to record ).

Seems to me, Slice has a show about real life mistresses.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Alyssa Milano was on Kelly and Michael's show this morning and they showed a clip. My local newspaper had a review and a blurb interviewing the actress from Lost. I had never seen that series and was not familiar with her. She said that for this new series the cast gets the weekly scripts via e-mail and that was a new concept to her b/c on Lost, there was a lot of secrecy going on involving the script. She also said she was drawn to this character as she was very unlike the character she portrayed on Lost. Looks promising; I'll try to remember to catch it (no DVR to record ).
    This is based on a UK version, hope it's good.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Looking forward to watching tonight. I saw Alyssa on Kelly and Michael this morning too. She said the show doesn't glamourize cheating but instead shows the consequences that come with it as well.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 64 123456789101151 ... LastLast