+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree584Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Re: Mistresses

I hope Savanah's baby is Harry's. That is much better storytelling since the woman who has problems getting pregnant does so from a one-night stand, particularly with mixed races, has been done to death. She has a much more interesting predicament over when and whether to tell Harry the truth if she knows the baby is his.

There needs to be something in Karen's history that spikes her attraction to Sam. I can't see a woman as lovely, intelligent, and educated being even remotely attracted to this boy. The father, yes; the boy, no way. Case study, yes; lover, no.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

There needs to be something in Karen's history that spikes her attraction to Sam. I can't see a woman as lovely, intelligent, and educated being even remotely attracted to this boy. The father, yes; the boy, no way. Case study, yes; lover, no.
    I think Karen's "attraction" to Sam is more about her lamenting his father's death than anything else. Since Sam is Tom's flesh and blood, Karen feels Sam the closet thing she has left to Toom. The way she was looking at Sam in the kitchen when he was preparing dinner and she saw Tom standing there instead of Sam, was an indication of this, imo.

Either way, she's treading on some thin ice here. It's bad enough she has the investigation into Tom's death hanging over her head, and now violating the code of ethics by linking herself to Sam too. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sam temporarily her patient directly following his father's death or did I just imagine that part?
    prhoshay and Dragonlady like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't know where Joss is going, lesbian or Harry. She is far too familiar with Harry imnsho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Joss is my least favorite of the main characters. I find her vapid an uninteresting. The others have some substance.
    bee stung lips and Dragonlady like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Plus, she is a moocher!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't like Joss either. Too flighty and and way too "devil may care" for my tastes.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I don't like Joss either. Too flighty and and way too "devil may care" for my tastes.
    She is supposed to be a free spirit- which really is a moocher as shay said.
    -Andy Rooney-

I haven't watched the previews for next week but I get a sick feeling about Sam - like he's going to commit suicide or something? Then Karen will have to live with that..

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She is supposed to be a free spirit- which really is a moocher as shay said.
    Yes, but for whatever reason, I find her story line / character far less interesting than the others. I get that her character is there to help balance the other (more serious) characters out, but she rubs me the wrong way.

Daisy444777 I feel you on the Sam thing. Even before he randomly upset the table after Karen left, I was getting a "he could snap at any moment and do something crazy" type of vibe from him.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Yes, but for whatever reason, I find her story line / character far less interesting than the others. I get that her character is there to help balance the other (more serious) characters out, but she rubs me the wrong way.

Daisy444777 I feel you on the Sam thing. Even before he randomly upset the table after Karen left, I was getting a "he could snap at any moment and do something crazy" type of vibe from him.
    I agree with you , and I also agree with Daisy.

Its better than expected
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread