+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 236364656667686970717273747576777879 LastLast
Like Tree584Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Mistresses

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I think you meant to say April here. The impression I got was that April is simply enraged over how the FBI has treated her and wants no part of them. Loved her line to Daniel, "suppose you're the bad buy." Smartest thing she's done this season was to get Dom's advice before she acted. Now she has a qualified attorney protecting her rights and her interests. If I had my druthers, I like to see that head FBI agent get fired or sued or both.

I do not like the Karen/AIDS storyline. Mistresses is supposed to be a fun summer show, not a message show. I think the writers are trying to ride the coattails of the fabulous, The Normal Heart. Since next week is the season finale, I hope they will end this story quickly and positively. I'd like to see them give Karen more of a real medical story. If she's a psychiatrist, not a psychologist then she is an M.D. Might be nice to see her go back to med school for an education in another specialty. I think she'd make a good cosmetic surgeon since that involve psychotherapy and surgical treatment.
    Re the bolded part, lol, yeah, that's who I meant.

Re the Karen / HIV storyline, I get where you're coming from and I agree, but I also think the writers are trying to show the possible consequences of individual choices the characters make. Regarding your idea about her becoming a cosmetic surgeon, maybe she and Scott could become partners and she could counsel potential patients about getting cosmetic surgery, or provide counselling to those with cosmetic surgery addictions etc.

Fanny Mare, no Karen never took the test.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 08-26-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Interesting thought about Karen and Scott becoming partners. Something about Scott keeps bothering me. I have a feeling he will turn out to be a very controlling man after their wedding, assuming it happens, possibly physically abusive to Joss. I think he gets it from his mother, something I noticed in her behavior when Joss did something Mom didn't like. Might be a story arc for next season. Harry may need to rescue Joss.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Somebody, please remind me who Ben is. I cannot place him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Interesting thought about Karen and Scott becoming partners. Something about Scott keeps bothering me. I have a feeling he will turn out to be a very controlling man after their wedding, assuming it happens, possibly physically abusive to Joss. I think he gets it from his mother, something I noticed in her behavior when Joss did something Mom didn't like. Might be a story arc for next season. Harry may need to rescue Joss.
    Excellent observation. I definitely could see that happening with Scott after he marries Joss. That would be just the thing to send Joss running into Harry's arms.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Somebody, please remind me who Ben is. I cannot place him.
    Ben is the guy that Karen slept with during the time she was going to the bars pretending to be someone else, and using a fake name, wearing that short, black wig etc, in an effort to spice up her dating life.

I thought at the end, it was showing snippets of everyone, and Karen was being tested. It was after she went to church.

Also Ben (Brian Hallisay) starred on the Client List, and is now married to Jennifer Love Hewitt (and a new dad).

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I thought at the end, it was showing snippets of everyone, and Karen was being tested. It was after she went to church.

Also Ben (Brian Hallisay) starred on the Client List, and is now married to Jennifer Love Hewitt (and a new dad).
    Re Karen taking the test, I didn't notice that but I might have looked away from a TV and didn't catch it. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Re Karen taking the test, I didn't notice that but I might have looked away from a TV and didn't catch it. I stand corrected.
    I don't remember her taking the test, either but I kept falling asleep.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I just finished watching so yes, Karen was getting her blood drawn at the end of the episode.

I'm wondering if Savi's moment of clarity is an "I choose me" moment where she realizes she just needs to be on her own without a man for a while.

I'm not a fan of a romantic Joss/Harry storyline but it fits in the vein of the show I guess. I don't think Scott has a hidden dark side. If he was an abuser I think there would be signs that we as the audience would see. He was supportive of her keeping her own last name, he didn't want a pre-nup, and has been generally very accommodating of anything she wants. I'm going to feel really badly for him when she stands him up at the alter or, if she does make it, when Harry comes busting in to object when the minister asks if anyone does. While I have grown to like her this season she is still selfish and self-centered.

I have a feeling Daniel is on whatever April and Dom have planned. But it looks like Paul might actually wind up dead so it may not matter.

Oh, and the other FBI guy was on Monk. He played a not too bright detective and was very likable. Here, not so much
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I just finished watching so yes, Karen was getting her blood drawn at the end of the episode.

I'm wondering if Savi's moment of clarity is an "I choose me" moment where she realizes she just needs to be on her own without a man for a while.

I'm not a fan of a romantic Joss/Harry storyline but it fits in the vein of the show I guess. I don't think Scott has a hidden dark side. If he was an abuser I think there would be signs that we as the audience would see. He was supportive of her keeping her own last name, he didn't want a pre-nup, and has been generally very accommodating of anything she wants. I'm going to feel really badly for him when she stands him up at the alter or, if she does make it, when Harry comes busting in to object when the minister asks if anyone does. While I have grown to like her this season she is still selfish and self-centered.

I have a feeling Daniel is on whatever April and Dom have planned. But it looks like Paul might actually wind up dead so it may not matter.

Oh, and the other FBI guy was on Monk. He played a not too bright detective and was very likable. Here, not so much
    Dang, you are right! (Light bulb goes on in head). I knew he looked familiar, but couldn't place him. He played Lt. Disher on Monk and wound up moving to New York to marry Sharona when the series ended. I really liked that character. He is definitely showing his range and talent in this new role.
    Last edited by Florimel; 08-27-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread