+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879 LastLast
Like Tree584Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Re: Mistresses

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    We're supposed to believe that Karen is Korean?
    Why is it hard to believe? And the actress is actually from South Korea.
    Florimel likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Why is it hard to believe? And the actress is actually from South Korea.
    Yes, I realize that. However, given my experience with educated South Korean clients, the character Karen doesn't fit.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Yes, I realize that. However, given my experience with educated South Korean clients, the character Karen doesn't fit.
    What does that mean? How is Karen different than your "educated South Korean clients"?
    Florimel likes this.

Yunjim Kim is most definitely Korean. Almost all of her work before Lost was in Korean film where she was a major star. It was interesting that she was/is fluent in Korean, but her Lost co-star, Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) whose character spoke no English when the show started could not speak Korean, only English.

I would not lump all educated South Koreans as being the same any more than I would any other group. Karen has made it clear that she has rejected many of her cultures traditional values anyway.
    Ellen and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

That makes sense, Florimel.
    Over the past couple of decades, I've worked with many South Koreans (in the U.S. temporarily) and Korean-Americans (first- and second-generation). One of the many things that has impressed me is the tendency to think and consider long-term — not only the adults, but children as well. Karen is very much unlike my clients/client familes (mainly doctors, lawyers, software engineers and their families).
    Florimel likes this.

...Karen is very much unlike my clients/client familes…
    Of course, if she were careful in her decision-making, she'd make for a dull character on a show called "Mistresses"!
    Florimel likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re Karen.... I sure hope everything works out for her in this Ben / HIV situation.

So Karen is sticking up for Paul now, tipping him off about the FBI being after him? It appears that only happened after she sought legal counsel from Dom, and I saw the knowing looks she and Dom gave each other when they led her away I'm handcuffs so there must be some sort of strategy there.

Harry sure has become hot and literally bothered when it comes to Joss...wow. Although I'm certain he's right about her and Scott not working out. Didn't expect to see Harry come to such a breaking point over it though.

Meanwhile, Savi tells Zach she's discovered something important about herself since she's been hanging out with him? How much are you willing to bet that "something" she's discovered about herself is that she still loves Harry? I see it coming from a mile away. And since she never really mentioned what that something was, I'm sure she's going to show up on Harry's doorstep wanting a second chance. With Harry having moved on emotionally, and Savi having moved on from Dom, I see Savi wanting Harry back, only Harry is long over her now...uh-oh
    Imperfect1 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Re Karen.... I sure hope everything works out for her in this Ben / HIV situation.

So Karen is sticking up for Paul now, tipping him off about the FBI being after him? It appears that only happened after she sought legal counsel from Dom, and I saw the knowing looks she and Dom gave each other when they led her away I'm handcuffs so there must be some sort of strategy there.

Harry sure has become hot and literally bothered when it comes to Joss...wow. Although I'm certain he's right about her and Scott not working out. Didn't expect to see Harry come to such a breaking point over it though.

Meanwhile, Savi tells Zach she's discovered something important about herself since she's been hanging out with him? How much are you willing to bet that "something" she's discovered about herself is that she still loves Harry? I see it coming from a mile away. And since she never really mentioned what that something was, I'm sure she's going to show up on Harry's doorstep wanting a second chance. With Harry having moved on emotionally, and Savi having moved on from Dom, I see Savi wanting Harry back, only Harry is long over her now...uh-oh
    I think you meant to say April here. The impression I got was that April is simply enraged over how the FBI has treated her and wants no part of them. Loved her line to Daniel, "suppose you're the bad buy." Smartest thing she's done this season was to get Dom's advice before she acted. Now she has a qualified attorney protecting her rights and her interests. If I had my druthers, I like to see that head FBI agent get fired or sued or both.

I do not like the Karen/AIDS storyline. Mistresses is supposed to be a fun summer show, not a message show. I think the writers are trying to ride the coattails of the fabulous, The Normal Heart. Since next week is the season finale, I hope they will end this story quickly and positively. I'd like to see them give Karen more of a real medical story. If she's a psychiatrist, not a psychologist then she is an M.D. Might be nice to see her go back to med school for an education in another specialty. I think she'd make a good cosmetic surgeon since that involve psychotherapy and surgical treatment.
    bee stung lips and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Didn't watch the show last night but quite honestly I find myself ff through a lot of this show this season.

So Dom is representing April in a case involving the feds? I may be wrong here but isn't Dom a business lawyer? The only 1 characters on this show I find remotely ingtersting are Joss & Harry.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

So Karen never did get a test did she??

I do like Scott. Roll on next week, it the season finale
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread