+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree562Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Mistresses

I agree. The writers have her playing it pretty shady.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I'm sorry, but for an experienced therapist, Karen is acting like an idiot, snooping around Tom's apartment and letting his son into her life. She finally told him to leave her alone, and then she runs right out to get him out of jail when he calls. The kid has a mother. Does Karen not know how to say no? She's a therapist, for cripes sake. She must have helped at least a few clients become more assertive. She's acting way too stupid considering she could easily lose her license and entire career. What decent professional therapist gets so involved with a former client's family on a personal basis, even when there are no legal issues going on?
    Ellen likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    And who's to say Tom's son isn't really his?
    EDIT to my previous post: Meant to say, "Who's to say Tom's is really his, not isn't. Sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers type...and I'm a pretty darn fast typist.

Alwaysveg: Considering Karen became sexually involved with her client (Tom), I don't put anything past her. She's not really the brightest bulb when it comes to ethics apparently.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like Karen said last night, she's not through with Tom yet, thus her continued involvement with his family.

bee, I knew what you meant!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Like Karen said last night, she's not through with Tom yet, thus her continued involvement with his family.

bee, I knew what you meant!
    Lol, good.

I'm not really getting where they're going with Karen's involvement with Tom's son, though. I wonder if he really has a "thing" for her, or if he's just pretending so that he can and figure out clues as to whether or not she was his father's mistress.

I'm loving this show. I know it's nothing more than a soap opera but maybe that's why I like it.
    All the women here, no matter how great they are at their work, are portrayed as helplessly foolish in dealing with their emotional lives. I think this has more to do with the way women have always been portrayed in movies and tv than anything else. Seems like most shows always have a damsel in distress, even if she's the top cop on a show.
    And that's too bad but I'll still watch this one. Gives me a break from the other trashy harridans on shows like Real Housewives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    And that's too bad but I'll still watch this one. Gives me a break from the other trashy harridans on shows like Real Housewives.
    And at least this show doesn't dub itself as anything other than fiction.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

I can't help but compare the characters to Sex and the City even though their circumstances aren't the same. Joss is Samantha, Savvy is Carrie, April is Charlotte and Karen is Miranda. So far I don't really care too much one way or the other about any of the characters. I don't dislike them but nobody is really standing out. I'll keep with it a couple of more shows to see what happens.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I can't help but compare the characters to Sex and the City even though their circumstances aren't the same. Joss is Samantha, Savvy is Carrie, April is Charlotte and Karen is Miranda. So far I don't really care too much one way or the other about any of the characters. I don't dislike them but nobody is really standing out. I'll keep with it a couple of more shows to see what happens.
    Sounds about right... I agree with those comparisons.

So apparently Sam has anger issues too? Karen is in over her head enough, but she seems to be digging herself deeper into it. She should never have entertained the idea of staying at Sam's for dinner.

Wonder to Savvy's baby daddy will end up being. I mean if it ends up being Dominic's it's not as though she could even pass it off as Harry's child, considering.

April's dead husband's mistress pulling a fast one on her by faking the lawsuit. April's in a very tricky situation and it would suck to be her, hearing after the fact that her husband was planning on leaving her. Yet, on the other hand, there's an innocent child involved who didn't ask to be born out of an affair.

We don't really know if her hubby was going to leave April - we only have the scam artists word for that. Her and her fake lawyer
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread