+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree584Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Re: Mistresses

But it's okay for Savi to have a fling with a co-worker with no thought of preventing a pregnancy? In any case, I respect everyone's right to have an opinion. Mine just differs and I don't anticipate that changing. That's what the show is all about anyway.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    But it's okay for Savi to have a fling with a co-worker with no thought of preventing a pregnancy? In any case, I respect everyone's right to have an opinion. Mine just differs and I don't anticipate that changing. That's what the show is all about anyway.
    Nope, Savi is also wrong . No wonder they are best buddies
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't see where anyone in this thread said it was okay for Savi to have a fling with a co-worker with no thought of preventing a pregnancy.

I also don't see where anyone said you aren't allowed to have an opinion, nor is anyone asking you to change it.

My opinion is that Karen's stupidity outshines the stupidity of the others, by quite a bit, and she deserved to be suspended. I think she got off easy.

So relax a little. It's just a TV show.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I love this show. I know it's silly and soap opera-y but it's great diversion and has had me hooked.
    I totally agree w/the poster who declared that Joss having a fling w/Harry is really crossing a line.

I think I could forgive Karen for falling for her patient and having the affair. That can happen. You shouldn't follow thru with it but know many do. I can't forgive/overlook changing her notes and mostly, for having sex w/the son. That was more than pathetic. To me, it was almost like having sex with an underage child......he has that child-like personality, not to mention a bit of creepiness.

It seems like the disappearance of Lucy was made just to put April and Paul together in an extreme emotional situation. What on earth would make a woman want a man back who's totally willing to abandon his son??? After causing great pain to his then wife and daughter when he faked his death.........How can she not see that this is not a "good" man? Look what he's capable of. Sheesh.

Yeah, there all kinds of wrong in this show, but that is the gist of Mistresses. I'm glad they are showing the consequences of such actions.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was waiting for Joss's French boss to tell her that he had to go back to his wife and children in France. That seems to be a commonly accepted practice in France, according to what wee read in the news.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was waiting for Joss's French boss to tell her that he had to go back to his wife and children in France. That seems to be a commonly accepted practice in France, according to what wee read in the news.
    He gave absolutely zero f's about Joss. He tried so hard to get with her, all for a two-night stand. Geez.

Didn't know this behaviour was a commonly accepted practice in France.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    He gave absolutely zero f's about Joss. He tried so hard to get with her, all for a two-night stand. Geez.

Didn't know this behaviour was a commonly accepted practice in France.
    Gosh, I think this is a common practice in most countries.....Seems like when I was young and single that's what I would find a lot.....men who chase you and once they "get" you....they're done. Guess it's just common with the younger male species.
    I was surprised that Joss found this to be outrageous....she, who proclaims not to want a relationship but just hook up w/men. That part puzzled me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Joss makes it entirely too easy..... and I didn't get the impression that that man was a member of the younger male species. I thought he was middle-aged.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Gosh, I think this is a common practice in most countries.....Seems like when I was young and single that's what I would find a lot.....men who chase you and once they "get" you....they're done. Guess it's just common with the younger male species.
    I was surprised that Joss found this to be outrageous....she, who proclaims not to want a relationship but just hook up w/men. That part puzzled me.
    Actually, what I thought Shay was saying, that men from France who come to North America and carry on affairs / one-night-stands with women over here, all while having a wife and children back in France, is a common practice. Maybe I misunderstood what she meant.

I thought Joss being upset with him over just wanting a one night stand was a bit out of character for her too. I suppose it's possible that her " sexual free-spirited-ness" is just a cover and she really wants a real. relationship.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread