+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree502Likes

Thread: Mistresses

FORT Newbie

Re: Mistresses

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I have to disagree with you here about what you said (above).
    If I were in Savi's shoes, I would want to save my marriage but never to the extent of aborting my baby.
    I think you're missing my point. Harry has laid down his terms and so has Savi. If the baby is not Harry's he wants her to abort it. Regardless of who the baby belongs too Savi has made it clear she's having her baby. My point was that both Savi and Harry have a choice. If Savi's really wants to save her marriage she'll have to abort the baby if it's not Harry's. If Savi meant as much to Harry as many believe she does he would accept her child. Just like Dom is willing to accept her child regardless of who the father is. The point is Savi/Harry whole marriage and love life has been about having a baby. Their marriage will end because of a baby. This stop being about love and commitment a long time ago. Their marriage was already shaky well before she slept with Dom.

I'll ask you the same question that none of the ladies here answered. Would you prefer to be with a guy who wants your heart, body, and soul, or would you want a man who only values your womb? The way I see it Harry kind of took his wife for granted. He didn't make her feel desired or loved. Based on her comments in episode one he didn't make her feel tha way. His whole purpose for having sex with her was about having a baby. He took love and pleasure completely out of the equation. That is why she felt disconnected form the relationship. While Dom made her feel desired. They have a mutual connect that Harry just doesn't have with her. Dom values Savi and only her. If it's his baby that's just a plus. While Harry only values the a baby. The same thing that ruined her marriage will be the same thing that will bring it to an end. While the same thing that cause Savi to be drawn to Dom in the first place will allow their relationship to progress.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    LOLOLOL!!!!!! i can't stop laughing. i totally agree tho!
    Karen has to be the front runner for the Moron of the Year Award. With everything that's going on in her life she will not hesitate to turn a bad situation into a disaster. She decided to start a relationship with one of her patients who was dying of cancer. She could have lost her medical license just off of that alone. Then she turns around and prescribe a lethal dose of morphine. Didn't she know that an autopsy would be performed and the authorities would not only be able to determine the cause of death but who caused the death? What makes matters worse is that she had the audacity to show up at Sam's father's funeral. What to of home wrecking whore is she? Even if the wife didn't know about she did. It was disrespectful for her to even show her face at the man's funeral. Sleeping with Sam wasn't only stupid, it said about had her character. I would never betray my baby mother (the love of my life) by having sex with one of her relatives. If I did dying off of lethal dose of morphine would mercy compared to the wrath of my woman. Karen is a woman who lacks integrity, common senses, self discipline, and maturity. I know what's going to happen so I can't say what her punishment will be. What I will say is that will have to pay a price for her actions.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trystan15 View Post

I'll ask you the same question that none of the ladies here answered. Would you prefer to be with a guy who wants your heart, body, and soul, or would you want a man who only values your womb? The way I see it Harry kind of took his wife for granted. He didn't make her feel desired or loved. Based on her comments in episode one he didn't make her feel tha way. His whole purpose for having sex with her was about having a baby. He took love and pleasure completely out of the equation. That is why she felt disconnected form the relationship.
    Nah....don't see it that way. If the tables were turned and it were Harry who'd slept with another woman and gotten her pregnant, we'd all be calling for his head. When a woman cheats the reaction should be the same and not the excuses women so often use when they cheat on their partner, like 'if you'd paid more attention to me I wouldn't have cheated...' etc., etc. Not only that, when a man cheats on a woman, every tells the woman, to 'leave his no-good ass', whereas in a case like Savvy and Harry's there seems to be a sentiment of, "how dare Harry not be there for his wife who needs him right now?"

In short, I don't see Harry just valuing his wife for her womb. He loves her. The marriage may have already had its stresses before the Dom situation but there's no excuse for going outside of the marriage to be with someone ese. So let Harry have his time to vent and act out. He was cheated on by the woman who took sacred vows to him after all. Then to add insult to injury, his wife could be carrying the baby of the man she cheated on him with? That's a devastating blow to a man who was already feeling inadequate because he was doubting his ability to get his wife pregnant. The bottom line is, men have feelings too. Cheating is cheating and is an awful thing to do to someone you claim to love, no excuses. Harry is devastated and extremely hurt at his wife's betrayal of him and it's perfectly understandable
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 08-24-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Florimel and Dragonlady like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Nah....don't see it that way. If the tables were turned and it were Harry who'd slept with another woman and gotten her pregnant, we'd all be calling for his head. When a woman cheats the reaction should be the same and not the excuses women so often use when they cheat on their partner, like 'if you'd paid more attention to me I wouldn't have cheated...' etc., etc. Not only that, when a man cheats on a woman, every tells the woman, to 'leave his no-good ass', whereas in a case like Savvy and Harry's there seems to be a sentiment of, "how dare Harry not be there for his wife who needs him right now?"

In short, I don't see Harry just valuing his wife for her womb. He loves her. The marriage may have already had its stresses before the Dom situation but there's no excuse for going outside of the marriage to be with someone ese. So let Harry have his time to vent and act out. He was cheated on by the woman who took sacred vows to him after all. Then to add insult to injury, his wife could be carrying the baby of the man she cheated on him with? That's a devastating blow to a man who was already feeling inadequate because he was doubting his ability to get his wife pregnant. The bottom line is, men have feelings too. Cheating is cheating and is an awful thing to do to someone you claim to love, no excuses. Harry is devastated and extremely hurt at his wife's betrayal of him and it's perfectly understandable
    You can't say what "we" would be saying about Harry cheating on Savi because it didn't happen. For the record, I see absolutely nothing wrong with how Harry is handling this situation. In fact I think what Harry has asked Savi to do is reasonable considering the circumstance. If I was Harry I would divorce Savi regardless if I'm the father or not. Cheating would be my sole reason for leaving, not the outcome of a paternity test. Harry didn't leave Savi because she cheated on him. He left because she refuse to abort her unborn baby if it is his. So basically her baby is more important than their marriage. Just like a baby was more important than connecting with his wife. That's why Savi told Joss, "I don't want Harry coming home just for this baby." She wants him to come home because he loves her and wants to work things out. She knows that he'll never come home for her, but he'll come home for her child.

I have no doubts that Harry loves Savi. He might feel insecure because he's shooting partial blanks. But that's not Savi's fault. I understand that he's hurt and needs his space. The down side to that is that his wife needs somebody just like she needed somebody the night she cheated on him. If he would have embraced her then, instead lashing out her for something that wasn't her fault, maybe she would never cheated in the first place. If he's not going to be there for her, Dominic certainly will. If Harry wants to Savi he better come back home as soon as possible. The longer he's gone, the closer she's going to get to Dominic, and the more complicated this situation is going to get. I'm not blaming Harry for anything or making excuses for Savi and Dom's behavior. All I'm saying is that Savi and Harry marriage is not a good one.

Guys, please give the abortion debate a rest. This really is not the place for it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

loving someone is one thing, loving in spite of an infidelity is another, loving someone along with a living breathing child as a reminder of that infidelity is a whole different matter. been there & have the scars to prove it. unless you have been there you can't say.
    this is a tv show, savi will do what the writers have her do.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Guys, please give the abortion debate a rest. This really is not the place for it.
    Huh? I'm confused. I don't see anyone debating abortion at all. Just talking about how on this TV show Harry told his wife Savi that, based on a paternity test in the womb, she needs to abort her baby if it is not his if she wants to stay married to him. Unless there comments debating abortion that were deleted, if that's the case, sorry and I take this post back.

Am I the only one who thinks the actor who plays Harry looks a lot like Curtis Stone ( also an Aussie) from Take Home Chef TV show?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Thank you!!! I have been trying to figure out who it is that Harry reminds me of. It is the Take Home Chef, I used to always watch him. I'd take him home any day...
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Thank you!!! I have been trying to figure out who it is that Harry reminds me of. It is the Take Home Chef, I used to always watch him. I'd take him home any day...
    For sure! I'd take both Curtis and Harry home...lol.

I just read on the official Mistresses Facebook page that on Monday's upcoming episode, Harry takes paternity test matters into his own hands....hmm...this should prove interesting...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Am I the only one who thinks the actor who plays Harry looks a lot like Curtis Stone ( also an Aussie) from Take Home Chef TV show?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    I agree. I had to do a double take.
    bee stung lips likes this.

+ Reply to Thread