+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree502Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Mistresses

Quote Originally Posted by trystan15 View Post
    I don't think that's an accurate statement. If you're going to retell a story you have to cover the key events.
    But how do we know they're retelling a story? I'm not quite getting this notion of Mistresses US being a complete copy of the UK version. Is it actually written somewhere that this is the case?

All I see is that it's a soap opera centered around a group of women and follows the ups and downs of their lives based on the choices they make. It's not Wuthering Heights or something like that where there's a responsibility to stay true to the original story.
    ArchieComic Fan and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

I watched the first two seasons of the UK version and I've also watched the first nine of episodes of the US version. I don't need to read any articles to validate what my eyes have already confirmed. They're telling the same story! Katie who we know as Karen is facing the same exact situation and handling it pretty much the same way. Trudi aka April facing the same exactly situation, the only difference is Trudi has two kids. The same goes for the rest of the characters. There are things that's happening in the US version that did happen in the UK version, but for the most part all of the characters and their story lines are firmly intact. If the producers of this show wanted to tell a different story they could have. Based on everything I've seen so far they have decided not to go that route.
    Last edited by trystan15; 08-19-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

MAJOR oops re Savvy and Dom! Geez!

Okay did I miss something?? I don't remember April telling Richard about Paul being alive!?

And Karen - Karen! Have you not learned a thing!? I wonder if Sam is still playing her and is actually on his mom's side and will say Karen took advantage of him? Far fetched, I know.

I have this gut feeling and I could totally be wrong (hopefully), but part of me thinks that Savvy is going to lose the baby They made it a point to tell us that she's still in her first trimester. Also, the crib scene at the end was very poignant. Maybe we'll never know who the baby's father was.
    bee stung lips likes this.

OMG last night's show had me screaming at the television screen!! Can you believe that Karen????!!! As stupid as she is she deserves absolutely EVERYTHING that's coming to her. And Daisy444777, you thoughts on these two is not far-fetched at all as I, too am pretty sure Sam is setting her up along with his mom, so that not only will they be able to pull the fact that she slept with Tom, out of their arsenal but also his son. Geez Karen, get your sh*t together!

That moment when Savvy and Dom arrived back at her house and Harry was there...talk about bad timing. Dom's at least treating her better than Harry right now.

I was lol'ing my butt off at Richard and Paul fighting....ahh, so much drama and testosterone floating around.

Thank God this show is back and I can't wait until next week!
    Cornholio likes this.

Totally! What is wrong with Karen? I have no sympathy for her at all. She's a moron. And it's really creepy of her to have sex with her former lover's son too.

After Savi called Harry for help with the showerhead, you just KNEW Harry would show up and see her with Dom. What a dumb move on her part if she really wants to get it together with Harry. I'm really rooting for her to have Harry's baby and raise the baby with Dom now, LOL.

The fight between Paul and Richard at least got my husband to watch the show a bit. He may get sucked in yet, fingers crossed. Does anyone else feel like there's zero chemistry between April and Richard? I don't know why, maybe it's bad acting, they just don't seem into each other.

Joss' storyline was a little better. It's fun that her new French boss is intrigued by her now. But Joss being Joss, apparently she will sleep with him next week. Amazing that she's held off this long.

Totally! What is wrong with Karen? I have no sympathy for her at all. She's a moron. And it's really creepy of her to have sex with her former lover's son too.
    Kind of like second-hand incest. Ewwwww!!!

After Savi called Harry for help with the showerhead, you just KNEW Harry would show up and see her with Dom. What a dumb move on her part if she really wants to get it together with Harry. I'm really rooting for her to have Harry's baby and raise the baby with Dom now, LOL.
    Well that would make for an interesting turn of events. Definitely!

The fight between Paul and Richard at least got my husband to watch the show a bit. He may get sucked in yet, fingers crossed. Does anyone else feel like there's zero chemistry between April and Richard? I don't know why, maybe it's bad acting, they just don't seem into each other.
    I'm with you...I don't really see much chemistry between April and Richard either. Maybe because they're storyline is soooooooo sloooooooowwwww developing. UGH!

Joss' storyline was a little better. It's fun that her new French boss is intrigued by her now. But Joss being Joss, apparently she will sleep with him next week. Amazing that she's held off this long.
    Surely I can't be the only who sees a sexual threesome (or at the very least the suggestion of one) coming between Joss, her boss and (a reluctant and not so interested) Alex, her pretend girlfriend...?
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 08-20-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Cornholio likes this.

I recorded it, but Karen has sex with Sam?? WTH
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I recorded it, but Karen has sex with Sam?? WTH
    Yup. ICK!
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Yup. ICK!
    I will have to see that tonight( hopefully) shaking my head- that's crazy and icky
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread