+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree584Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Mistresses

Liked the first episode and liked the way they set up the underlying conflicts for the characters. The Asian woman (don't know the character's name) looks to have gotten herself in a whole heap of trouble with her indiscretions judging from the dead man's son clinging to her like glue. Speaking of which, loved seeing John Schneider playing the role of her lover. Didn't really see that ending with the mistress showing up at the woman's door with her son, coming. Judging from the preview for next week, episode two should be interesting too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

LOVED IT!!!! I've hit the button to record ALL new episodes! Wasn't surprised to see the woman with the dead husband's child. Looks like the widow finally gets over deifying her dead husband!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really enjoyed it. I think it was the only thing that kept my interest last night, everything else bored me to tears
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    This is based on a UK version, hope it's good.
    Nowhere nearly as good as the BBC version. I wanted to like this show but was sadly disappointed. There was not 1 character I wanted to feel for. Left me flat. Probably won't watch again.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Nowhere nearly as good as the BBC version. I wanted to like this show but was sadly disappointed. There was not 1 character I wanted to feel for. Left me flat. Probably won't watch again.
    They never are( not for me) the acting was slow at the start. I think this needs to build , I think its going to be good I will record it and see. I am not a fan of Milano
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Liked the first episode and liked the way they set up the underlying conflicts for the characters. The Asian woman (don't know the character's name) looks to have gotten herself in a whole heap of trouble with her indiscretions judging from the dead man's son clinging to her like glue. Speaking of which, loved seeing John Schneider playing the role of her lover. Didn't really see that ending with the mistress showing up at the woman's door with her son, coming. Judging from the preview for next week, episode two should be interesting too.
    Nope, I didn't see that one coming, either. I felt badly for her, though, b/c she really seemed to have loved her late husband a lot and was having trouble moving on. "Karen" is the name of the psychiatrist and "Savvy" short for Savannah (silly name, imo) is Alyssa Milano's character. Who is the gentleman that plays Alyssa's husband? I quite liked his yummy accent and he wasn't too shabby looking, either.

I knew something was up when they went to the motel room, nothing is that simple.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Dr. Kim kind of annoys me with her flat way of talking, no emotion ... and I don't think she handled the guy's son very well. Should have told him he was being very inappropriate when he asked her out and he shouldn't contact her again. You know she's not going to stay away from him as advised. Liked Joss the best, not because I admire her behavior. She's just the most lively. I couldn't get past Savvy getting it on with Bailey's husband! LOL

I enjoyed it, too, although I usually don't like soap operas. It should make for good summer watching.

It is fiction, of course. If any of these women behaved "appropriately," we would have no show.
    prhoshay and bee stung lips like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I want to see it. On the bolded, is this how they have described it or just what people think based on the title? Because from the previews I saw, I thought it was going to more be about the friendship of these 4 and the struggles that being a mistress involves - so more the "it's not all it's cracked up to be" angle.
    My opinion about the show was based on the previews. I watched last night and probably won't watch again. I just didn't think it was all that interesting. I know adultery has always occurred, but I don't need to watch a show about it that tries to make adulterers sympathetic characters. I like Yunjin Kim, but she's not enough to make me watch.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread