+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: Mistresses

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Mistresses

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Uh-huh! Back in the good ol' days of Usenet (anyone remember that?), in the alt.tv newsgroups for "Sunset Beach" and "Passions" (anyone remember those?), 99% of the posts were about how stupid these soaps were: the writing, the acting, the inconsistancies, the contrived storylines. Did we miss an episode? Heck no!!!
    Ahh, yes, those were the days when we still had a plethora of soaps at our daily disposal. I still hold fast to my delusions that one of these days we're going to experience a daytime / nightime soap revival and we'll once again have multiple soaps to b*tch about. Well a girl can dream, can't she?

Meanwhile, we still have Mistresses, for now at least.
    Ellen likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I remember Usenet and the alt newsgroups very well, Ellen. I wrote interactive fiction in several of them and even started one back in the 90's. Thanks for the memories.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    EDIT: And did my eyes fool me, or did the preview actually show the FBI guy kissing Karen??
    I had a feeling that the guy from CSI, investigating Karen for her patient's files, would play a bigger part. I didn't see the previews but, lordy, I sure am looking forward to seeing what happens if April's husband is seen. Excellent soap fodder!!!! loving it!

And of course, these women are silly and make so many mistakes....that's what makes it good! It's a delightful typical soap and I love it. I think w/the real soaps, we get a little confused with the same characters having soooo many affairs, committing sooo many crimes, with sooo many people. So it's refreshing to see new characters bumbling thru life.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Ahh, yes, those were the days when we still had a plethora of soaps at our daily disposal. I still hold fast to my delusions that one of these days we're going to experience a daytime / nightime soap revival and we'll once again have multiple soaps to b*tch about. Well a girl can dream, can't she?

Meanwhile, we still have Mistresses, for now at least.
    Actually, we DO have a bunch of evening soap operas on these days: in addition to MISTRESSES, we've got my favorite, ARMY WIVES, and now there's THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS ( on OWN), THE FOSTERS, DEVIOUS MAIDS, DALLAS and probably a few others that I can't think of at the moment.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I had a feeling that the guy from CSI, investigating Karen for her patient's files, would play a bigger part.
    Mmmmmmm, I sure hope so. He is GORGEOUS! And Karen's partner is extremely attractive as well. And so is Joss's boss, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Actually, we DO have a bunch of evening soap operas on these days: in addition to MISTRESSES, we've got my favorite, ARMY WIVES, and now there's THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS ( on OWN), THE FOSTERS, DEVIOUS MAIDS, DALLAS and probably a few others that I can't think of at the moment.
    True enough. The Haves and the Have Nots is cheesy, predictable soap opera at its finest and I'm already addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Mmmmmmm, I sure hope so. He is GORGEOUS! And Karen's partner is extremely attractive as well. And so is Joss's boss, for that matter.
    Yes, definitely lots of eye candy. I'm thrilled that it looks like Gary Diordan will be a regular on this show. He's always been quite easy on the eyes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't wait until tonight!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Can't wait until tonight!!!!
    Me neither! I'm looking forward to seeing the smackdown between Harry and Dom at the party.

Also, whether April's husband is really alive or is she just seeing dead people.

FORT Fogey

Oh Lordy, Joss has moved in with April now. She must not be selling any properties because she can't even afford her own apartment. Maybe she'll help April stand up to the mistress.

Hot DANG! What a show tonight! Lots of new storylines / conflicts set up tonight. Not sure if tonight's show is done airing in the US yet, so I'll bite my tongue for the moment just in case.

AlwaysVeg yes, Joss seems to be taking freeloading to a whole new level, doesn't she?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread