+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Summer Shows 2013

Re: Summer Shows 2013

I just read about a new series in a weekly entertainment magazine It's called "Drunk History" and it starts July 9th on Comedy Central. It sounds hilarious! Each episode will be narrated by an actual tipsy host (various comedians) in a different city and will show re-enactments of off beat slices of history pertaining to the featured city. As for those doing the re-enactments, the article I read mentioned Kristen Wiig, Luke and Owen Wilson, Michael Cera, Winona Rider.....I'm looking forward to this one, hope it's as entertaining as it sounds
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Has anyone caught this new show on the National Geographic Channel called Life Below Zero? Man, all the other Alaska shows that document the lives of subsistance dwellers is pale when compared to these people. They are hardcore survivalists. They live north of the Artic Circle. It's the best reality show I have ever seen about that lifestyle.
    I watched tonight right up to where the Lynx was caught in the trap. I immediately stopped the recording and deleted the show from the DVR. That, combined with the paranoid lady at the front of the show who was convinced the wolf was out to get her was enough for me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I recorded the latest episode. But, yes, Life Below Zero is chalked with odd personalities. I find it amusing though. IT's a very different life than what most of us know. It's brutal to survive where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Really? I think there's an abundance of great summer viewing. Lots of terrific shows on TNT, USA and a few on Lifetime too. Many others on premium cable as well.
    None of them appeal to me. They are not targeted to my demographic or my taste in viewing. Same with movies, it's so rare anymore that a movie comes out I find actually worth watching.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm looking forward to Stephen King's "Under the Dome."
    I'm super excited about this show too. I can hardly wait to start a thread on it. It was filmed entirely in my state of NC, so I'm super excited about that too.

I found this article about the show. They describe it as a cross between Twin Peaks and The Twilight Zone!!!!!!! Love that.

'Under The Dome' On TV: What You Need To Know About CBS' Summer Mystery Series

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm super excited about this show too. I can hardly wait to start a thread on it. It was filmed entirely in my state of NC, so I'm super excited about that too.

I found this article about the show. They describe it as a cross between Twin Peaks and The Twilight Zone!!!!!!! Love that.

'Under The Dome' On TV: What You Need To Know About CBS' Summer Mystery Series
    Well, it's Stephen King so it will either be good or suck.
    Katydyd likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Watched Sinbad and Primeval: New World on the SyFy channel. Sinbad was OK very much like Hercules but based on Sinbad. Really liked Primeval: New World. I am a bit bias as I had watched all the Primeval series on BBC America. Felt the production values, the story, the acting and the special effects were much better on this series than the previous ones. Liked the link with Connor Temple, but if you didn't know who he was that's OK.

Thanks, Bearcata. I had forgotten those two were starting, but I've set them up on my DVR and will watch as soon as I can.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Watched premiere of King and Maxwell on TNT. Not impressed.

Still liking Primeval: New World on Syfy, although episode 2 is very reminiscent of episode 2 of series 1 of the original UK show.

Marriage Bootcamp on WE is interesting.

Liking TNT's 72 Hours very much. The Hero not so much.

Not sure may watch MTV's The Challenge: Rivals II On Demand and fast forward through all the yelling.

Anyone watch Twisted on ABC Family????

I will give twisted a few episodes. It had enough to keep me curious. Although the lead male's facial hair is bothering me something fierce.

+ Reply to Thread