+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Summer Shows 2013

Re: Summer Shows 2013

I actually enjoyed Motive too. I like the whole concept of "why done it?" It gives it a little twist from the same old-same old. I read it's pretty popular in Canada...going on the second or third season there. I'm going to check out Mistresses, and now I think I'll give Graceland a shot too (thanks for posting the link Florimel ). And marybethp, Perception doesn't start until late June - the 25th I think. I'm looking forward to that one too.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I kind of liked that new show The Lookout on ABC last night. Nothing groundbreaking or addicting, but an interesting thing to watch. I like those news investigation shows. My favorite is 48 Hours.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Graceland is one of the new summer shows I'm interested in watching. Thank you Florimel for reminding me of the air date.
    I'm going to watch the premiere of SYFY's Primeval: New World. I'm hoping it is similar to Sanctuary.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 05-30-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Graceland is one of the new summer shows I'm interested in watching. Thank you Florimel for reminding me of the air date.
    I'm going to watch the premiere of SYFY's Primeval: New World. I'm hoping it is similar to Sanctuary.
    Happy to help. I heard about that series months ago and I've been trying to watch for its start date.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I kind of liked that new show The Lookout on ABC last night. Nothing groundbreaking or addicting, but an interesting thing to watch. I like those news investigation shows. My favorite is 48 Hours.
    We enjoyed The Lookout also. The mold thing was fascinating.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Punkin likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I actually enjoyed Motive too. I like the whole concept of "why done it?" It gives it a little twist from the same old-same old. I read it's pretty popular in Canada...going on the second or third season there.
    I've enjoyed it.. some episodes are better than others, but when isn't that the case? You're in luck though, it's just winding up its first season here! Not too far behind at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Happy to help. I heard about that series months ago and I've been trying to watch for its start date.
    Teen Wolf starts Monday June 3 at 10pm on MTV.

Continuum starts Friday June 7 at 10pm.

Sinbad starts Saturday June 8 at 9pm.

Primeveal starts Saturday June 8 at 10pm.

Another good scifi series Falling Skies starts on Sunday June 9 (2 hours) at 9pm on TNT.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've tried to watch two episodes of Motive and it seems like it would be enjoyable except for the detectives. The lead male and female just don't cut it for me. They seem like they would be better suited for small roles and not the lead. I think two more dynamic and personable actors would really have made the show better. The female seems to always have this distasteful expression on her face. The guy looks miserable too.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    And marybethp, Perception doesn't start until late June - the 25th I think. I'm looking forward to that one too.
    thank you! I really liked this show - quirky and I love Eric McCormack.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I don't remember why she is missing. Last season, Longmire's daughter found out her mother was murdered instead of dying from cancer like she was told by her dad. Longmire didn't like her relationship with his partner and they argued. She stopped answering her phone. I'm not sure if she left on her on because of all the turmoil in her life or if it had to do with a law case at work.

I was disappointed in the premiere but I'm hoping it will make sense in future episodes. There were episodes last season that were strange but made sense after several episodes. I'm not giving up on it yet, it is one of my summer favorites.
    I just started watching this show. I caught up on most of last season and just watched the first episode of this summer. I can see why some things about this first episode are kind of far fetched, but I find it easier to take than in other shows, because Longmire has so much to offer, IMO. They really work as a team and I find their characters interesting. There is so much testosterone! I like that a lot too! I find just about all the men on the show sexy in some way.

Can someone help me with a question. In last season, when Longmire rescued the 12 missing girls off the railroad track, why was a cup left on the rail? I didn't get it.

+ Reply to Thread